“A nice special occasion restaurant”
Review of Tersiguel's

Tersiguel's
Reserve with OpenTable
Tersiguel's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 170 Restaurants in Ellicott City
Price range: US$50 - US$50
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Old Columbia Pike
Reviewed 2 March 2014

For my wife and I, Tersiguel's is a special occasion restaurant that we've frequented on numerous occasions over the years. Overall, it is outstanding, but could use some minor tweaking to make it even better. Upon arrival we were promptly seated at our table in a corner on the main floor. About 5 minutes later another party sat at the table across from us. We were server water very quickly, but then we just sat there waiting. After 10 minutes our waitress showed up, but to the table that was seated after us and gave them menus and took their drink order. After about 5 more minutes she returned, apologized, then took care of us. The service was fine from then on. The waitress was very pleasant and personable; just what one would expect from a restaurant like Tersiguel's. My wife ordered the rock fish special with tomato risotto rice. I had the fixed price menu, Bœuf à la Bourguignonne. Since everything is cooked fresh, we don't mind waiting for the food to be prepared. My dinner was excellent. My wife said hers was salty. I tried her tomato risotto and it was extremely salty and really just tasted like salty Cambell's tomato soup and rice. She didn't finish the fish or eat the rice. She would NOT recommend the rock fish special. For dessert, I had the coconut sorbet and my wife had the chocolate mousse. Both were excellent. Other than the initial issue with getting somebody to come over and give us a menu, the only other tweaking I would recommend is for the owner to switch up the menu. Other than the specials, the remainder of the menu appears pretty much as it did the first time we ever went there. It is stale and could use some new choices.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

This meal was really delicious. Firs, after taking your order they bring the homemade bread out. Although I am not usually a huge bread eater, I had two pieces and enjoyed every bite! Then I received a small plate (didn't order this) with a flat bread crouton and carrot salad, which was delicious. From my entrée I had Filet Mignon, with potatoes. The filet was delicious, cooked to perfection and melted in my mouth. The flavor was outstanding. The potatoes were fine but nothing spectacular. They also brought out a small plate of cabbage and carrot (again not ordered or on the menu) and were wonderful! For dessert (we had dessert!!), Crème Brule. Wonderful. There sorbet here is also very good and is presented beautifully. The service here, may be the best I have ever had anywhere. My water glass never got low, I finished my last bite of bread and before I knew it another piece was on my bread plate. The wait staff were extremely friendly and polite and went out of their way to be helpful. The music the played was beautiful - I felt like I had gone to sleep and woken up in France. Wonderful. Why 4 stars and not 5? I have been here before and there were some food items that *I* wasn't crazy about. Good but not outstanding. Cost without wine was $70 per person give or take.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I knew Tersiguel's had a wonderful reputation but tend to avoid French restaurants as they are not generally 'vegetarian friendly.' As I was looking for a place to meet friends (not veggies) that are true foodies, I decided to give it a try. Long story short, ALL of the meals got rave reviews, but I have to make a note that my vegetarian entree "a chef's selection of legumes" was one of the best vegetarian entrees I have had in a long time!!! I received four unique veggie and grain creations, and not a single one was the standard restaurant side dish (as many restaurants tend to offer the vegetarian). Flavor and presentation were exceptional. ALL the dishes from apps to dessert were first rate. (The rest of our party had seafood and meats). In addition, the service was exceptional! Our server was that unique blend of humor and professionalism, incredibly attentive without hovering. Really top notch!! Highly recommend!

Reviewed 26 January 2014

My son and I lunched at Tersiguel's for the first time yesterday (Thursday, 11:45 am reservations), and both the service and the food exceeded our expectations. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable and readily answered a few technical questions we had (i.e.: what is a "lardon"?). I ordered the Crepe Maryland while he ordered the Omelette Fermiere. We ended up sharing because both selections were so delicious. We also shared two of the French cheese selections: very tasty. Accompanying bread was fabulous, as were the little amuse-bouches that were provided gratis.

Although we were stuffed (and bringing some food home), we decided to split the chocolate mousse. Amazing. We both agreed that the chocolate mousse was as good as it was in Paris. (That is really saying something!) It is worth noting that all the desserts at Tersiguel's are made in-house.

Needless to say, we can't wait to lunch here again.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

This was not our first time at this restaurant. My husband I would dine here on special occasions. I made a reservation via open table and mentioned that it was our 5 year anniversary. There was no acknowledgment, nor consideration to putting us at a nice table. We were seated upstairs in the middle of the room. Ok, no big deal… We ordered appetizers, salads, and entrees. The appetizers were fine. My husband like his oysters, and my escargot was okay (I've had better). The salads were just okay. I got the frisee salad the last time we dined there, and it was much better last time. I discussed my entree choices with the server, and decided on the lamb 3 ways. 2 of the lamb dishes and the potatoes were cold, and only one lamb portion was a barely acceptable temperature. I finally found the server, and told him this, so he said he would take it back and warm it up. It came back slightly warmer, but it was still cold. My husband's filet mignon was actually disgusting - it had a very harsh flavor. I could barely eat the bite he gave me, while I was waiting for my dinner to be "warmed up". They did give us free desserts, which were okay, but I won't be going back to spend $35-40 on entrees that are cold.

1  Thank heyjude444

Been to Tersiguel's? Share your experiences!