“A great place for wings and sushi!”
Review of Bippy's Pub

Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A great place for wings and sushi!”
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Who woulda thunk that a place in a small shopping strip would have great Old Bay wings and fantastic sushi? You gotta try it to believe it. Friendly staff and great food make it the place to be in EC! Try the loaded chicken nachos and the quesadillas - it's all good.

• Visited May 2013

Baltimore, Maryland
“Local pub which is family friendly”
Reviewed 6 March 2013

I recently tried Bippy's after living in Ellicott City for 2 decades. My family and I really enjoyed the relaxed friendly atmosphere and have subsequently gone back. Bippy's is a family friendly pub; no problem taking kids. The clientele are generally locals who frequent the place regularly. The burgers are good. The pulled pork sandwich (special) was excellent. The bread pudding was killer! This is my new local place when I'm in the mood for pub style food. As a side note, you can also order sushi from the asian restaurant next door while at the pub.

• Visited March 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“The french fries and the staff are great, especially w live music on thursdays.”
Reviewed 20 October 2011

The service is friendly and efficient, the food..especially the french fries, my favorite.. is just great, and it all works especially on Thursday nites when there is a live open mic / jam .. great musicians and people. It's hard to think of what I like least,.. even the parking is always easy.

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank enchantedforest1
Eldersburg, Maryland
“Can someone come to our table?”
Reviewed 10 February 2011

My wife and I walked into this establishment at 5:00 pm. There was a sign that stated "Seat Yourself." We did not want to sit on the bar side of the restaurant, so we sat down at a table next to the window in the dining room. There was a group of 5-6 men in the far corner sitting and playing cards. We were the only other people on that side. After eight minutes, my wife saw someone from the bar side stick their head through the opening to survey the dining room. Don't know if they worked there or if they were looking for someone. Two gentlemen came in talking on cell phones and walked into the back, so I assume they were associated with the place. After another 5 minutes, we got up and walked out having never been acknowledged by anyone.

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank BMAC1206
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Comfortable neighborhood pub”
Reviewed 11 August 2010

Reviewer experience: I have eaten at Bippy's at least 50 times in the past 3 years.

Food: The standard menu is traditional American fare and is quite good. Personal favorites include onion rings, chicken wings (one of few places I find hot wings to actually be spicy), and the bay chicken sandwich - a grilled chicken breast topped with crab dip and cheddar cheese. What is not always advertised but is available is ordering from the neighboring Korean restaurant's menu. Offerings I am aware of include fresh sushi selections and a nicely done teriyaki salmon. 8 beers on draft including Yuengling, Stella Artois, Killian's, Red Hook ESB, Bud Light. Happy hour all day Monday.

Service: Average or better. Bar tenders know all the regular's names. Food service time is reasonable, but I wouldn't expect to eat here in under 30 minutes if you are on a lunch break. If you call ahead, carry out is available.

Value: Lower prices than many of the similar local eateries - I think it's a great value, which is why I have been so many times.

Atmosphere: It is very much a bar/pub so it might not be the best place for the little ones. They do have regular tables, but expect to eat at a high top or at the bar. They have 4 large TVs and some smaller ones, which are generally tuned into news and sports. Several arcade games, pool tables, and dart boards provide other entertainment options.