“Can someone come to our table?”
Review of Bippy's Pub

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bippy's Pub
Ranked #83 of 174 Restaurants in Ellicott City
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 10 February 2011

My wife and I walked into this establishment at 5:00 pm. There was a sign that stated "Seat Yourself." We did not want to sit on the bar side of the restaurant, so we sat down at a table next to the window in the dining room. There was a group of 5-6 men in the far corner sitting and playing cards. We were the only other people on that side. After eight minutes, my wife saw someone from the bar side stick their head through the opening to survey the dining room. Don't know if they worked there or if they were looking for someone. Two gentlemen came in talking on cell phones and walked into the back, so I assume they were associated with the place. After another 5 minutes, we got up and walked out having never been acknowledged by anyone.

1  Thank BMAC1206

Reviewed 11 August 2010

Reviewer experience: I have eaten at Bippy's at least 50 times in the past 3 years.

Food: The standard menu is traditional American fare and is quite good. Personal favorites include onion rings, chicken wings (one of few places I find hot wings to actually be spicy), and the bay chicken sandwich - a grilled chicken breast topped with crab dip and cheddar cheese. What is not always advertised but is available is ordering from the neighboring Korean restaurant's menu. Offerings I am aware of include fresh sushi selections and a nicely done teriyaki salmon. 8 beers on draft including Yuengling, Stella Artois, Killian's, Red Hook ESB, Bud Light. Happy hour all day Monday.

Service: Average or better. Bar tenders know all the regular's names. Food service time is reasonable, but I wouldn't expect to eat here in under 30 minutes if you are on a lunch break. If you call ahead, carry out is available.

Value: Lower prices than many of the similar local eateries - I think it's a great value, which is why I have been so many times.

Atmosphere: It is very much a bar/pub so it might not be the best place for the little ones. They do have regular tables, but expect to eat at a high top or at the bar. They have 4 large TVs and some smaller ones, which are generally tuned into news and sports. Several arcade games, pool tables, and dart boards provide other entertainment options.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 11 July 2008

haven't been there in a while, remember it being really small and intimate, and dark inside

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook