“OK”

Ellicott Mills Brewing Co
Reserve with OpenTable
Ellicott Mills Brewing Co is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 174 Restaurants in Ellicott City
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Merriman and Court
Reviewed 4 June 2014

It had been several years since our last visit to Ellicott Mills. When out of town, we try to sample local craft brews. In this case my partner had the Märzen which she considered just OK.
She had a Greek salad with chicken which was also OK but included an excellent roll which said is frequently not included with this salad. I generally have a hamburger but decided today to get wild with an Elk burger. It was good but I decided I prefer hamburger. We had the brew fries as an appetizer. I would skip them as there was nothing exceptional about them—just plain steak fries. The burger came with Chesapeake chips. They were warm but otherwise unremarkable. Overall the food and beer was just OK.
The service was excellent. All but one table was full but the waitress and other staff were attentive. One thing I always like it prompt delivery of the bill and the waitress came through.
The restrooms were clean and well maintained.
Parking is on street. On this Monday, we found a space in front of the door but I would expect that may be more difficult on weekends as this street has the feel of tourist attraction. Most of the shops are antique with several restaurants.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We have tried this place over and over again, hoping that somehow this time would be better than the last. This time we had the Creole Penne Pasta and the Crab Cakes. One would hope the word "Creole" would mean "flavor." Do not be fooled--it does not. And crab cakes--we are Marylanders and know what these should be. They were fishy and mushy. It's our last time here. There are too many better restaurants in the area for the same money. Go someplace else.

1  Thank agatha56
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Not typical fine dining fare throughout the menu but Ribs, Rockfish and Venison were excellent.
Many Tap beer choices.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I am local to this area however had not been back here due to a few lackluster meals a few years ago. I revisited at the suggestion of someone in a group I was out with in Old Ellicott City one Friday night. I was pleasantly surprised. It was fairly light volume and we had an attentive server. We ordered a house rye beer and it was delicious!! My husband and I also enjoyed a tasty sausage appetizer, small salad, and split the crab and shrimp Mac and cheese. Our server forgot the salads however was very apologetic when we asked and even comped them off the bill!! She also courteously split the Mac and cheese on two plates for us. The food is well priced compared to other places in the area. I would definitely go back and try some other menu items! Worth a try!

1  Thank Kristen A
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I just love the atmosphere with the hardwood floors and the large vats of beer. Feels comfortable. The beer is great and they have a nice selection of entree's on the menu. It's my go to place when I want a nice meal out.