“Farm to table fabulous!”

The White Oak Tavern
Ranked #19 of 170 Restaurants in Ellicott City
Cuisines: American, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We started out sharing jerk wing appetizer and empanadas, both were very tasty and seasoned perfectly.
Of all the different menu items, the chicken with waffles and blackened skirt steak with blue cheese sandwich were sublime.
Fresh Peach pie with ice cream was a perfect ending for a summer meal.
My only complaint was the service was a bit slow.
All in all a very good experience.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We will be back. We came because they were serving the NE brewing company beer. (which was good, family from Omaha, long story) The food was superb and the beer top notch. The staff (Marissa) were on top of things and seemed to care. I love to see staff help each other out as a team.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

What a very pleasant surprise. We had just moved to the Ellicott City area to be closer to family and on the evening of our first night in the new home, we needed to find a place for a quick dinner since the kitchen wasn't ready for home cooking yet. We had attended the real estate closing at a real estate office located in the Enchanted Forest shopping center and we thought there might be something there (since we knew where it was).

We saw the White Oak Tavern and it seemed to be fairly busy, so we decided to give it a try. Good move - friendly service, great beers, nice decor and surprisingly good food. We had the Vegetarian Panzanella salad and the Sausage Duo and we were very happy with our choices. The dinners were slightly delayed and our server came over to let us know and to apologize. He also offered us a small dish special for the evening - some crispy cheese bits and they were very good. Our dinners arrived shortly thereafter and my Sausage Duo was a real hit. It included a cheese habenero sausage and a kielbasa served with fantastic garlic, Parmesan mash potatoes and I enjoyed the whole combination. My wife loved her salad and there was enough there to feed two people. I enjoyed a nice craft beer (a summer ale but I can't remember the name) and the selection was large and impressive.

This is a nearby place that I am sure we will be back to - some of the other menu items are calling to me. The chicken and waffles - beef brisket - catfish poboy not to mention trying some of the other beers. We would recommend (and have) this to others and we hope the White Oak Tavern is a huge success. We will be back again very soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The interior is beautiful! Rustic, but upscale. Fantastic service; quick, friendly, helpful. Good, albeit limited lunch menu; a little pricy, but the quality made it worth it. We will definitely go back and recommend it to friends!

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We had visited this location years ago when it was a completely different restaurant. A friend mentioned to us that it was a brand new restaurant that had fresh farm to table locally sourced and fantastic food. We came in for lunch the next day to give it a try. It was delicious and surprising. Portions were excellent, my husband had the Quinoa and I enjoyed the Chicken Salad. The children's meals were also great, the side salad option instead of fries for them was pleasing and appreciated. We will definitely return. It was a surprise that an email arrived to rate the restaurant for the Upromise program. We had no idea it was Upromise participating for cash back for our kid's college fund, now that we do know it will make us return much more often. Thanks