“So-So food and service”

Cuisines: Pizza
Ellicott City, Maryland
“So-So food and service”
Reviewed 8 December 2012

Food is only average, and service was always slow. Probably went 3 or 4 times. Last time we were there a roach crawled across our table and we haven't been back.

Maryland
“Ledo's is a Yu”
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Ledo's Pizza serves a pizza that is definitely different. It is not NY, Chicago, Philly, Roman or Napleton (Naples Italy). It is Ledo's. The dough is buttery and sweet and reminds me of crescent rolls. It is rectangular and every time I have had it was thin crust style. I have never seen a thick crust Ledo's. Their sauce is sweet and they have the standard toppings, and some unusual ones like eggs (called a breakfast pizza. Stay away from that one. We called the manager over and got that one taken off our bill it was so bad.).

The restaurant is located in a busy shopping center, and parking is a bit of a nightmare. We got blocked in the last time we went. The decor is typical local pizza parlor style. It has some tables and booths. There are young waitresses that try to do their best to give you good service. I never mind leaving them a good tip.

Ledo's specializes in their pizza, but they also have soup, salads and entrees. The entrees are prepared well, and are a little pricey for the serving size. The salads are fresh. The wedding soup, I think is bland and not worth the price.

Now, here is why I call Ledo's a Yu. My husband and son think that Ledo's pizza is Yummy! I think that it is Yucky! I say yucky, not because of the quality of the pizza, but because of my personal taste. It is not traditional pizza, and I find it too rich for my palate. It is overly sweet and overly buttery. If you think that you would like the sweet buttery taste, then definitely go for it. If you like traditional or thick pizza, go to Philly's Best at Thunderhill.

• Visited September 2012
“Love the pizza”
Reviewed 3 September 2012

My friends and I love going to Ledo's Pizza. It's one of the few places where you don't have anything bad to say about the place. Why do I like it?

1. Best meat lovers pizza around. I order thin crust. Now I'm craving it as I write this review.
2. Service is great. Though self-seating you are approached almost immediately.
3. Food is made quickly and delivered when it's ready. The pizza is always too hot to eat because it's fresh out of the over.

It can be tricky finding the restaurant but it's worth the effort.

I haven't tried the other fare such as subs and salads. I just know that the pizza is one of the best in Baltimore.

• Visited July 2012
Maryland
“So-so pizza”
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I have never understood the popularity of this pizza. Sauce too sweet.

Visited January 2012
San Antonio, Texas
“The sauce was exactly like I remembered”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

When I saw the sign from Rte 40 my tastebuds perked up and I turned the car in. I ordered and had my pizza in 15 minutes. ahhhhhhhhhh the same deliciopus sweet taste of the sauce was exactly as I remember from the original College Park location years ago. Way to go Ledo's.

• Visited January 2012