“Best Sushi in Ellicott City”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Great sushi and good service. Not too far of a drive from Turf Valley. Highly recommend to any sushi fans.

Reviewed 22 February 2013

This was our second trip to Sakura. It was my BF's birthday. Our "chef" was blah: no excitement, no interaction with patrons, detached and uninteresting. I informed him I was allergic to alcohol. In the past, chefs at this type of restaurant either cooked my food separately or made "fire" in a separate location on the grill so the other patrons could enjoy the "show". He simply omitted the fire and left the others at the table wondering why everyone around us got fire and not us. He did not engage his customers at all except at the end where he tossed a few pieces of shrimp into a couple of open mouths.
The food was plentiful and frankly, just ok. Our first trip, the food seemed much better. We both ordered extra rice. I ate mine the next day for lunch and it was quite greasy. I think the next trip to Sakura will be to another location to see if there is any improvement. For a total of almost $78, I want better quality and service....

Reviewed 12 February 2012

Food is fine nothing special. Not a bad place to eat but do not expect to get bowled over by the food.

Reviewed 11 March 2011

I'm hoping this was just an anonaly since our prior visits were far more enjoyable. This was on a Friday night and the emphasis seemed to be on turning over tables. The chef seemed hurried and didn't do the usual theatrics and the server seemed more than eager to collect the plates prior to people being finished. This visit was not worth the expense.

I give this a qualified recommend.

Reviewed 30 September 2010

I have been to several sakura's and by far this location is my favorite. The sushi is delicious!! The chefs are very personable and put on a great show while preparing your food. The filet is so tender and juicy , and the veggies and rice are very tasty. We visit atleast 3 times a month and will continue to do so!!