“Excellent food, even more excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hunan Legend

Hunan Legend
Ranked #28 of 168 Restaurants in Ellicott City
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Beltsville, Maryland
“Excellent food, even more excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012

This is the best Chinese resturant we have eaten at, and we eat Chinese almost every weekend. The food beats any Chinese resturant we have ever eaten at, and the service is top notch! The food is fresh, hot, served qiuckly but the courses are not crowded together, you have time to eat the soup before the next course is served. We've never had a bad meal at this resturant. And the prices are very reasonable. This is a good place to go out for Chinese.

• Visited October 2012

Frederick
“Almost Perfect”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

Mom and I dined here for lunch. It was my first time in this restaurant; the decor is eye catching and we were greeted and seated in the large dining area immediately. The server was prompt and polite and our orders were freshly prepared and quickly served. The presentation of the dishes is very appealing to go along with all of the colorful decor that surrounds you. The only thing that I couldn't find on their menu was Lo Mein. It is a large menu so I may have just missed seeing it. Our selections were very tasty and there was another meal leftover for me to take in a bag. The lunch specials are plentiful and reasonable, and come with soup and an egg roll too. More than enough!

• Visited September 2012
Elkridge, Maryland
“Great lunch Special carry-out; One of the best chinese in the area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

I was in the area for acupuncture and asked my acupuncturist (Chinese) for recommendation of a Chinese restaurant and he recommended Hunan Legend. I ordered General Tsao Shrimp and Basil Chicken (Thai special) and they are both delicious. I had spring roll instead of egg roll because I like the crispy and thin skins and all the items were delicious. The Shrimp are jumbo size for lunch special ($8.50), with spring roll and fried rice which typically would cost $15 or so in an American restaurant. What a bargain and definitely one of the better Chinese restaurants in the area. Will be back again! The only complain is that the host took my orders (2 items) and when I changed it, he was quite reluctant to delete the third item and wasn't friendly. However, another hostess was very pleasant and quickly rectified the situation and indicated that there was no problem since the cook/chef hasn't started cooking my third item yet. It could be my fault too, just a mis-communication in general and I was willing to take all three items if the chef had already started. I thought that he could be more courteous in handling the situation.

Overall, highly recommend this restaurant! BTW, the dining hall seems pleasant and nice too when I peeked in. They were pretty busy during lunch hours, mainly carry-out customers.

• Visited February 2012