“Poor Customer Service (by the Maitre D')”
Review of Shannon's Saloon

Shannon's Saloon
Ranked #4 of 168 Restaurants in Ellicott City
Price range: US$20 - US$31
Cuisines: American, Irish, Brew Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Poor Customer Service (by the Maitre D')”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We went to Shannon’s and my wife ordered the salmon. When the salmon arrived, it did not look so good to us and tasted awful. People at our neighboring table (whom we had been talking to) also had the similar impression. In fact, the gentleman said, “It looks like 2 to 3 day old fish that they had thrown in the microwave.”

We expressed our concerns to the waiter, and he brought a woman employee over. After she heard our concerns, she said, “It looks fine to me.” She then asked, “What do you want?” I asked, “Does it really look fine to you?” I then mentioned to her that the two people at the next table also had the same impression of its poor quality, and asked again, “does it really look fine”? She repeated that it really looked fine to her. It was hard to re-order as it might come back the same way. I then asked the woman who she was. She indicated she was the Maitre D’ and that her husband was the chef.

The Maitre D’ then told me, “You are being very rude.” I countered that she had exhibited poor customer service skills in her reaction to our concerns. She then said that she was becoming very uncomfortable and asked, “Do you want to leave?” Feeling that we had little choice, we decided to leave. Fortunately, there are a number of restaurants nearby where customer service is more highly valued.

• Visited March 2014

“Always count on a good meal”
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

We dine at Shannon's on a weekly basis. We can always count on a very good meal. They have nightly specials as well as sandwiches and salads. We frequently eat the fish which is prepared better than some fine seafood restaurants. The staff are great and are familiar with the "regulars". The restaurant is great for families.

Visited March 2014
Ellicott City, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best dining choice in Ellicott City Maryland”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We have enjoyed Brunch, lunch and dinner at Shannons many times. The food is excellent the service friendly and efficient. From hamburgers to prime rib, the food is always outstanding. Their soups are especially fine. As a couple, with friends, and with family, we have never been dissapointed.

• Visited March 2014
United States
“Nice casual eatery”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have been Shannon's for lunch three times over the past several months. Each time the service has been very good and the food excellent. They have some pub-type food on their lunch menu as well as daily specials. My dining companion had the soups of the day and a half sandwich twice and a full sandwich in the other occasion. She said all were great. I was lucky enough to find the bison burger as one of the specials of the day two times. It was cooked exactly as ordered and came with tasty, non-greasy fries. The sandwich I had on the other occasion was also quite good. I would definitely recommend Shannon's for a casual, sit-down lunch.

• Visited February 2014
Secaucus, NJ
“Eclectic”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Shannon's calls itself an Irish pub, but it has an array of food choices including Italian! I had the Shepard's Pie, which was half lamb and half ground beef. I was a little hesitant at first to order this because I am not a big fan of lamb. But this dish was delicious! A nice balance of flavors and very filling!! Our server was very efficiant - never had to wait for a drink! Would definitely go back for a nice casual night out.

• Visited September 2013