“Great Custard!”

Rita's Italian Ice
Ranked #71 of 170 Restaurants in Ellicott City
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 9 September 2013

There's nothing I don't like at Rita's. The custard is great, the ices are great. Staff is friendly. I wish that they were open year 'round!

Reviewed 25 June 2013

I like going to this Rita's after walking around Historic Ellicott City. The customer service was nice. I never really had a bad experience with any location so far.

Reviewed 19 September 2012

Busy place in the summer-cool yummy drinks but noisy and crowded as the customers hang out in front and often are rather rude-they OWN it there, it looks like! Cars coming in and out go in from St John's and cross the lot to go out on Frederick and sometimes it is dangerous for the mobs strolling across the lot, standing in a mass in front of the place or flying out in their (sometimes overcrowded kid-packed ) cars. The drinks are delicious and just right for the summer heat-I do wish I did not almost get hit every time I go past, tho----it is a rather busy corner.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

Absolutely delicious cold treats! Being able to sample flavours is great, considering there are so many to choose from... I had the red velvet cake gelati, and was done before we got back to the house (10 mins away). My son, who is gluten- and dairy-free, thoroughly enjoyed his mango italian ice without issues. We will definitely be returning!

Reviewed 17 May 2012

The young staff is always pleasant and accommodating! "Would you like to try that flavor" is the answer if you should ask about a flavor. The ice is always flavorful and refreshing. After you try it once you would have to have a "brain freeze" not to go again.