“Where the guys go”

Ranked #48 of 170 Restaurants in Ellicott City
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 23 January 2013

This is the place that my son and I visit when the women are busy or out of town. Best turkey sandwich - for variety try half smoked turkey, half pit ham. The fries are really good - I grew up loving Thrashers Fries in OC, these are even better. Oh yeah - best coleslaw - hands down.

1  Thank Kevin C

Reviewed 28 August 2012

We've been fans of The Canopy since it was a cement slab and tent on Rt 40. The menu is simple but tasty. The food is reasonably priced. Each sandwich is made to order. Pit beef can be ordered by temperature--I like mine rare but my husband prefers well done--not a problem. They sell boardwalk style fries which are a hit with our family. Make sure you bring cash because they don't accept credit cards. This is a carry out only location so there is no place to eat.

2  Thank SheilaMcc
Reviewed 10 July 2012

They only offer carryout, but the food was good. We got ribs (mild), cole slaw, baked beans and pulled pork and fries. My husband and I could not finish a rack of ribs ourselves they were so meaty. The sides were all tasty too. They do take credit cards now.

Reviewed 29 June 2012

Do yourself a favor if you’re planning on going to an O’s game make this a stop along the way. The meat is served by the sandwich or by the pound and you can buy rolls separate. As far as I am concerned you will not find better pit BBQ anywhere else! You can get what you want the way you like it from rare to well, well. Its carry out only so grab some and take it to the game Camdon yards is one of the few stadiums in the country where you can still bring a cooler!

Reviewed 13 September 2011

I wish I lived closer to The Canopy, I would be there at least one a week to pick up dinner. It's carryout only so don't plan on sitting down. Their pit turkey is divine! I order mine with onions and BBQ sauce, try their yummy boardwalk style fries as well.

1  Thank J S