“Very good all around”

Ranked #23 of 168 Restaurants in Ellicott City
Cuisines: Mexican
“Very good all around”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We normally go for Happy Hour, which is AWESOME! I think it's half price margaritas, drafts, and appetizers (except wings). Solid Mexican food. Great service. Only issue is parking can be problematic, especially in the early evening because of their happy hour and nearby offices.

• Visited September 2013

Baltimore
“Pleasantly surprised...”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I never thought it'd be worth the 30 minute drive from the city out to the burbs for Mexican food. Pachanga Cocina has the pull -- authentic, big-portioned, affordable, delicious cuisine -- that'll quell any hesitation, questions, or concerns.

I love the fact that there are daily specials and happy hour. I went with a group of friends on fajita night, when you can get a steak, chicken, shrimp, vegetable, or all of the above jumbo fajita for less than $12. It'll be huge and perfectly grilled. I was stuffed and satisfied.

The highlight of this place is definitely the fantastic, impeccable service. Our server was extremely attentive, constantly checking up on us, clearing plates, filling up water, and catering to our table's needs. I was so impressed that night.

Definitely check Pachanga Cocina out!

Visited April 2013
COLUMBIA
“Food ok, service good”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Visited in May 2013, it is a standard Mexican restaurant, with friendly service. Actually the only good thing that stood out was the service. Our waitress was attentive and pleasant/smiling. I had ordered a volcano margarita with salt crusting the glass, but the margarita was positively salty. Our waitress brought me a replacement with no salt rightaway. My friend enjoyed his Shrimp diabla. With the good out of the way, here is the bad -
The abovementioned volcano margarita still tasted bad (after replacement). I recommend sticking with beers/soda/water. When we asked if hot salsa was available, the waitress said yes, but later sent out habanero paste in a smaller bowl. I then blended this paste with the earlier salsa to achieve the result I wanted. I probably won't choose this restaurant again if I had a choice, but will go along if the rest of the group I am with wants to go. Its too expensive for the food that is served. That about sums it up.

• Visited May 2013
“Like walking into Cheers..."Norm"!”
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Your family friendly local neighborhood Mexican restaurant, where everyone knows your name. My husband and I have been coming here for years, and now we bring our little girl, too. The food is authentic and always fresh, and the house margaritas are really good. We always look forward to Pachanga night when we don't feel like cooking. ;-) For the negative reviewers: Its not the Four Seasons, people... Be realistic.

Sykesville
“Not great food and ripped off.”
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Attended with family (2 kids) kind of late on a weeknight for dinner.

First the okay or good: we were seated quickly (it was busy, but not full), the atmosphere was fine although dimly lit, the waitress was fairly attentive, we received a refill on the complimentary chips and salsa without asking, and we were in and out fairly quickly which was what we hoped for since it was late.

As far as the food, my kids thought their kids meals were fine, but average. My wife and I thought the ground beef for the burritos and tacos was too bland spice-wise, but also had too many big pepper and onion chunks. It just wasn't what we were used to anywhere else and not our preference. I thought the chile relleno was okay and the tamale good.

As far as cost, the prices for the kids meals were actually lower than average while the entrees were about 1/3 more than other comparable restaurants we've been to in the area and for the amount of food you receive. The killer was that the kids meals were supposed to include the drink according to the menu. Instead, they charged us $2.50 for each of the kids' drinks. I felt I was being punished for just drinking water. By the end of the meal, my 8 year old son had only consumed about 1/6 of his drink. My wife said not to bother with complaining since the kids meals were relatively cheap. Of course with the drinks added, they were more expensive than most places. So we spent about 50% more than at our favorite Mexican restaurant for not so great food. Only after reading here about some other folks getting ripped off when trying to use coupons, etc. did I feel like it's a place to avoid and spread the word about.

• Visited January 2013