“Once Was Enough”

Cuisines: Mexican
Frederick
“Once Was Enough”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stopped here because of being in the area and wanted to try it. It filled up quickly after we were seated, I guess because of All You Can Eat Monday, which if you eat a lot is a bargain. The food that I had didn't agree and my stomach ached the whole next day (I didn't eat at all the next day) so I suspect it was from this food. Hubby also told me that his stomach hurt too. When we left the restaurant the small slanted parking lot was difficult to back out of and I couldn't see anything as I had to negotiate a tight hairpin turn to get out to the highway. Not safe for a little car and the food is evidently not great quality either. Once was enough for us!

• Visited July 2014

baltimore md
“Terrfic service and excellent food”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Our whole family loves this place. We usually sit in the bar (even with the teens) and we always have a wonderful time. The minute that we sit down, out comes the complimentary warm chips and good salsa. Most of the servers know us and what we want to drink. My "fishbowl" margarita appears quickly, with a glass of ice water on the side.

We love "happy hour" when the margaritas are a real bargain and the half price appetizers are delicious. Their evening specials are always very goodwell prepared and full of flavor. They often have a wonderful seafood dish

Tuesday is steak night...............................a steak dinner for $12.95. Granted, it is not the most tender piece of meat, but always cooked perfectly and full of flavor. The servers always come over with water refills, more chips and salsa, and big smiles on their faces.

I can not imagine people saying they were charged extra for chips and salsa. This is just not true! Come here for good food, a fun time and the best service around!

• Visited May 2014
Baltimore, MD
“Nickle-and-dime Mexican Restaurant, Overpriced Mediocre Food”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Went here last night to meet up with a friend. Was expecting much better based on the reviews. Restaurant is tiny tiny, and the bar area is small too. Only good thing about the bar area are the high seat tables, and the noise level was quieter so my group could actually talk and hear each other.

Overall we were very disappointed in our trip here. Food was overpriced for what was received, portions were much smaller than expected. Quality of food was sub-par. Husband said that his tacos were dry and not flavorful, and the bean soup was bland. The "muchos nachos" at $8,50 was rather small, not the huge pile of nachos I had envisioned, and the quantity of toppings did not equate out to the high price. The Chips and Salsa was $3,95 but was a tiny tiny portion of salsa and tiny bowl of chips. There is a lot of nickle-and-diming at this restaurant...for example an extra tortilla will run you .35 each. My fajitas only came with 3 tortillas, while other restaurants I've been to provided unlimited tortillas for the amount of food on your plate. Not so here. For the high prices the food should have been much much better, and it just wasn't that good. Mediocre at best.

Service was ok, but not great. The bartender forgot to put in my order of fajitas, and didn't realize it until I brought it to her attention. She tried to say that I never gave her my order but my tablemates backed me up and reminded her that she wrote it down. I was a bit shocked that she didn't even check her pad first before flat out saying I didn't order...not the way you handle a customer problem. My order did come out quickly, but I felt rushed by the bartender and restaurant staff to eat and leave quickly, as the restaurant had technically closed by that point. On that note, who has a restaurant and bar that closes at 9pm?? Very weird!

The only thing good about this restaurant were the margaritas and mojitos. We won't be going back, the overpriced menu and lackluster food quality really turned us off.

• Visited April 2014
Ohio
“Still very good”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We ate there twice on our last trip, two years ago, and we wanted to eat there again. Pachanga Cocina is still very good and priced conservatively. The salsa is tasty, the guacamole appetizer is fresh and all four of us present liked it. My wife had Tacos al pastor and she found them to be what they should be. I tried the Chicken Mole, it was very spicy but in a flavorful way. We did not want the rice so we asked for refried beans and black beans sides which they generously provided to our delight.
You can't go wrong eating at Pachanga Cocina.

• Visited October 2013
“Very good all around”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We normally go for Happy Hour, which is AWESOME! I think it's half price margaritas, drafts, and appetizers (except wings). Solid Mexican food. Great service. Only issue is parking can be problematic, especially in the early evening because of their happy hour and nearby offices.

• Visited September 2013