“Mother/Daughter Spa and Shopping”
Review of Turf Valley Resort

Turf Valley Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ellicott City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Mother/Daughter Spa and Shopping”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We recently did an overnight package through Living Social and stayed at the Turf Valley Resort. Regardless of having the package (which people told me we would get lousy service), it was actually wonderful! Even though we got there a bit late, part of our package included a bottle of wine in our room. They offered to have it served to us at dinner. I got to pick the wine, which was wonderful, and then enjoyed an amazing dinner to boot. Our room was a King Suite over looking the golf course, and the staff was splendid. We woke early to enjoy spa treatments, and then off to Historical Ellicott City for a light lunch and some shopping. I would highly recommend it. My daughter is considering going back with her friends for the girlfriends pajama party overnight, or something like that.. They have wonderful packages for all party types.. For me, its close, and there is so much around. Plus, it has beautiful surrounds. They are very accommodating. Definitely not the Ritz, but a great a nice low key, great staff, well appointed rooms where you doing need a thing. We couldn't have asked for anything more.

Room Tip: Look for specials to help make it more economical to get better rooms when traveling with families...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Stayed at Turf Valley on Saturday night for Valentines Weekend 2013. Rooms are a little outdated but clean and comfortable. The grounds are very nice and very resort like. The food at Alexandras was well prepared, pretty to look at and delicious to eat. Thumbs up! Got a good deal because of a Home show going on so we got the room, $80 dinner credit, tickets to the home show which included drink tickets and an autographed book from one of the vendors. All in all a good outing.

Room Tip: Facing west overlooking the golf course and fountain.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed 4 March 2013

We had a King jacuzzi suite that was nicely decorated. I did see some dust and a little grime around the shower though. Heater in the room was extremely loud! Everyone was very friendly. The food at the restaurant was delicious! Sunday brunch gets busy so better make a reservation. They were kind enough to give us a table anyway. Would go back again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I am so surprised to read such a bad review. My youngest son was married at Turf 6 years ago and my middle son was married there this past July! We booked over 50 rooms and believe you me my daughter in laws mom and I check out many rooms when booking the wedding. We are very picky and would have died if our guest had bad nasty rooms or stinky towels. I am quite shocked to read such negative comments. We dined at all of the restaurants during our weekend wedding stay and had great meals. We had a rehearal dinner, wedding and Sunday brunch for our guests.Our friends and family enjoyed the pool. The wedding Gazebo was beautifully landscaped and well maintained. We worked with Carol in the booking department and she was top notch. ALWAYS there for our every question and need. Truly a great experience. I hope that the people who had a bad experience will give TV another try.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 25 January 2013 via mobile

Came here for work, and this 3 star property has a lot going for it, convenient to Baltimore or Columbia, not far from Montgomery County or Annapolis, and a golf course too (though I didn't play). But the rooms need an overhaul, plus the beds are a bit soft. While some common areas had been renovated, many were not. The staff were very pleasant, and the food was okay for a conference, but not great.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank SRSvacation
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I have been a guest at this hotel for over six years. For several reasons:

1)They treat me like family and everyone knows my name. And over the years the service of the front desk which was always friendly is now competent and professional. Best team to date. (Kudos to all of them and their fearless leader - true class act - so glad he returned)
2) The rooms are great. I watched this property improve the past six years. The new product meets industry standards. Amazing views and good amenities (excellent idea to getting rid of coffee pots and providing Krueig machines)
3)They dont nickle and dime. Parking is free, so is internet. I got two pools, a fitness center and the driving range.
4)The new bar is also a favorite of mine. WOW what a transformation of a restaurant. (Always enjoy a drink as I converse with Kevin or Todd) (Diane's warm welcome is a better start to my morning than OJ) (and the chef - so glad he returned too)
5) And finally the VIP Lounge is gone (which was way below industry standards). Now I get real breakfast included. (real juice and coffee)

Still room for improvement in some areas - elevators, curb appeal and room service.

However, the efforts and passion of the ownership and senior management team deserves recognition and as a result will always get my loyalty.

Thank You for making me feel at home.

Room Tip: Seventh Floor - feels like a VIP Level. Only a couple suites. Most with amazing views.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank madscientist1949
Bethel, Alaska
Reviewed 10 December 2012

I was back in my hometown of Maryland. We stayed for three nights. The Spa was Great. They have an indoor swimming pool, whirlpool, dry sauna and gym that's included with the stay.
The restaurant was Excellent/try the Seafood salad.
They had a High School Band play Christmas Music at the Fairway Lounge.
Make sure you take the Nature Trail!!
Nicely Decorated!!
November 28th thru December1, 2012.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Hampton Inn Columbia
#4 of 12 in Columbia
Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel
Extended Stay America - Columbia - Columbia Parkway

Been to Turf Valley Resort? Share your experiences!