“Nice hotel and great staff”
Review of Turf Valley Resort

Turf Valley Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ellicott City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We have stayed here several times over the last couple of years. It is a great value. The rooms are large (2 Queens) and very comfortable and well appointed. The hotel restaurant was excellent. Their catering services for our group went very smoothly. Food was excellent for our large group. The hotel staff was excellent and could not have been more helpful. Historic Ellicott City is nearby for day trips and other restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Turf Valley Resort

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I held a surprise 60th birthday party for my partner. The sales staff was extraordinary in helping me for over a year of planning. The dining staff served a fantastic, tasty buffet. The hotel staff was kind supportive and helpful to myself and over 100 guests. Overall, Turf Valley Resort is at the top on my list for Resorts, Hotels and Restuarants. I am very pleased that I chose the Facility.

Room Tip: Go for the King suite
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Clean rooms, lovely views from the pool and hot tub and the very excellent restaurant. Pleasant and professional service from everyone. It is surrounded by a golf course so even non-golfers have the view. Convenient shuttle service.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I went to Ellicott City/ West Friendship for the Sheep and Wool Festival, a very exciting trip for those who love wool and its many creative possibilities! Four of us stayed at Turf Valley in nice clean comfortable rooms and the special rate for the fair was really good. The staff shuttled us to the fairgrounds at no cost. We ate dinner in the restaurant and had wonderful crab soup and salads. The breakfast buffet was good, great French toast, but it is pricey at $14. The staff were very accommodating. We will probably go back next year!

Room Tip: Our small room with two beds was fine, but if you want to spend much time there you should bump up o...
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We visited Maryland from New York City to attend a wedding at Turf Valley. We checked in on Friday and stayed for the weekend. The property is gorgeous - golf courses expertly manicured, walking paths, and a scenic garden for wedding ceremonies. The reception was perfect. Delicious food, great service, and a beautifully decorated ballroom. (My only comment: we ordered breakfast via room service on Saturday. When we were ready to depart on Sunday our tray was yet to be picked up. This was the case with other rooms on our floor)

Overall a memorable experience that was well worth the three hour drive. We plan to come back this summer and do a Spa/Golf package.

Room Tip: We had a room with two queen beds. Very spacious (compared to NYC) and beautiful view of the golf co...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Wonderful staff, nice clean rooms. The only issues was lack of reliable wireless and no 3G anywhere. The food was good, meeting rooms were nice. There were some difficulties with the temperature in meeting rooms. Not sure why?

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank gtgraf
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I could not secure a room at my usual hotel in Columbia.When I asked for a reference they only mentioned one of their other hotels in Baltimore (Inner Harbor). My clients are in the Columbia area so that was not an option.

After LOTS of research I found Turf Valley

For the price this place is without competition. No wonder why the hotels in Columbia (only 8 miles away) will not tell anyone.

I booked a Traditional room and got upgraded to a premium room with a golf course view. The service was by far one of the friendliest and genuine. None of the scripted or fake-ness you get from big chains.

There is lots offered complimentary - gym, business center, internet, pools, tennis courts and parking. I tried to make a Spa appointment but they seemed not staffed to handle same day request. There is also two golf courses but this also appears to require advance booking.

The bar has a great happy hour.

Highly recommend for any business traveler. Weekdays this is a hidden gem for us. We tend to be selfish with our loyalty points and not care about the room rate, but I know any client and company (paying the tab) will appreciate that we found the best value.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
#4 of 12 in Columbia
Sonesta ES Suites Columbia
Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel
Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore

Been to Turf Valley Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Turf Valley Resort

Address: 2700 Turf Valley Rd, Ellicott City, MD 21042-2047 (Formerly Turf Valley Resort and Conference Center)
Region: United States > Maryland > Ellicott City
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ellicott City
Price Range: £94 - £162 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Turf Valley Resort 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Turf Valley Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Turf Valley Hotel Ellicott City