“Fantastic Place for Weddings”
Review of Turf Valley Resort

Turf Valley Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ellicott City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Germantown, Maryland
“Fantastic Place for Weddings”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I was the wedding rehearsal coordinator and videographer for a wedding this past weekend and I have to say everything went smoothly all due in part to the highly trained and personable staff at the Turf Valley Resort. Didn't matter where I went in the hotel, the staff were friendly and had no problems with striking up a conversation and making nice. I did not stay overnight, because it is definitely way out of my price range. It is a resort after all...in the middle of Ellicott City, which was surprising. All said though, what they offer at that price range is worth it from what I could see. The rooms are neutrally colored and very pristine. Nothing special or distinct...your basic dec with a desk, bed and table. The bridal suite is huge and cozy. The grounds of the property were gorgeous. In the background of the wedding gazebo is a fountain.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Ocean City, Maryland
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I haven't stayed in the hotel but I attended the Taste of Home ( organization that benefits deployed National Guard troops) at Turf Valley last week and they put what can only be considered a first class event. The staff was friendly and helpful from the pro to the bag boys. The course ( they have 36 holes) was in great shape and the food after the event was far better than any " outing" fair I've ever had. Turf Valley obviously knows how to do things right !

Southern California
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I suppose it's what your expectations are, but this place is nothing more fancy than a Best Western. The rooms are basic; the TV is the size of a Mac monitor and the bathrooms are totally generic.

On the plus side, we had a nice view of the golf course. It was obstructed by the white, hard water water stains on the window though.

The restaurant had mediocre service but good food. The check-in staff was 'eh."

I was here for a conference and the big conference room was decent. We had lunch provided and it was bleh.

However, the price reflected the reality: $150/night. What do you expect?

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
maryland
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I never write any reviews but my visit was so bad that I thought I would share. This room cost me $168.00 a night. I went because of the balloon glow which wasn't what advertised. There weren't 20 balloons there.
This resort should shut its doors until the rooms get renovated.n
Uncomfortable bed, nasty grey worn out comforter, holes in my blanket. No shower cap. ac was noisy it made a loud bang everytime it came on. I got no sleep all night. Room was near elevator so I heard ding ding and people talking all night. dogs barking at 6:30 am. There was such a large gap around the door that the light from the hallway made my room light, i piled towels around the door. I was told I had a view of the balloons from my room all i could see was the peak on the front of the hotel. One of the elevators were broken. Rude staff especially at the front desk on Saturday morning. Both of our room cards stopped working on Saturday morning. They fixed one but an hour later it quit working again. We couldn't get in the pool or the fitness room or our room. The 7 dollar breakfast coupon - all we got was a buffet. The service was terrible. Once they bring your drink you never see them again. Very limited selection which is reg 14 dollars. When I complained to the manager he ignored me.
The only good thing about this hotel was the outside. I left at 9am and couldn't wait to get out of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We have stayed here several times over the last couple of years. It is a great value. The rooms are large (2 Queens) and very comfortable and well appointed. The hotel restaurant was excellent. Their catering services for our group went very smoothly. Food was excellent for our large group. The hotel staff was excellent and could not have been more helpful. Historic Ellicott City is nearby for day trips and other restaurants.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Ellicott City, Maryland
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I held a surprise 60th birthday party for my partner. The sales staff was extraordinary in helping me for over a year of planning. The dining staff served a fantastic, tasty buffet. The hotel staff was kind supportive and helpful to myself and over 100 guests. Overall, Turf Valley Resort is at the top on my list for Resorts, Hotels and Restuarants. I am very pleased that I chose the Facility.

Room Tip: Go for the King suite
nj
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Clean rooms, lovely views from the pool and hot tub and the very excellent restaurant. Pleasant and professional service from everyone. It is surrounded by a golf course so even non-golfers have the view. Convenient shuttle service.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellicott City
DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia
Sonesta ES Suites Columbia
Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Baltimore West - Catonsville

Been to Turf Valley Resort? Share your experiences!