“PROGRESS in the WORKS”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Trenton, New Jersey
“PROGRESS in the WORKS”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

As my title clearly states PROGRESS = WORKS. My company has used Turf Valley the past two years for their meetings and conferences. During my quarterly stays I have observed this property improving itself. Their latest upgrades to the conference rooms has proved that Turf Valley is not only Maryland's best wedding venue, but also a real CONFERENCE CENTER.

The rooms look great and are always clean. The most attentive and hard working housekeeping ladies. The restaurant renovation was like the birth of a new child - WOW! what an amazing new dining facility - great menu and best outdoor seating. Best praise for the last... this hotel's front desk staff has no competition. They recognize me each time, treat me like family and always make sure our group is happy. Always great to see the same happy faces (for the past two years) checking you in.

I know progress is still in the works and they sure need to keep it up - some parts of the lobby, elevators, carpeting in some of the hallways, some of the restrooms - but they sure have proved that their progress works.

Turf Valley should be any meeting planner's first choice. Its only 25 minutes from BWI, has an amazing golf course (very helpful PGA staff), a spa, and an outdoor pool.

Room Tip: all rooms are renovated. premium rooms have the fridge and microwave. for longer stays a golf view m...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Atlanta
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I was in a wedding held at this facility. They have beautiful grounds, helpful staff, however some parts of the property could use some upgrades. Also, allowing the groundskeeper to mow the greens during an outdoor ceremony....not a great idea. The property is very large and has a number of spaces for events to occur simultaneously. I'd recommended anyone interested in holding a wedding at this facility to consider the outside alter/gazebo for a ceremony, it is a beautiful space.

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The rooms were large. The bed was very comfortable. My room was on the parking lot side. My sons room was on the pool side. Nice wet bar area. The food at the conference center was excellent. I the only thing was I thought the ac was a little to loud when it came on and it made a rattling noise. room 525. I wish I could had more time to look around and go to the outdoor pool.

Room Tip: a/c noice in my room 525 looking over the parking lot. room 524 looking over the pool area.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Located so conveniently to the dog show site, we were very pleased with the friendly and welcoming staff. The rooms were large and clean. The air conditioning worked just fine. This is a smoke free facility, which is important to us. We loved the location, grounds beautiful, very private, very quiet, lovely golf course on premises. We had a bottle of excellent wine (half price on Wednesday), then decided to stay for dinner, which was delicious. I would definitely repeat this experience. We and our two Welsh terriers were very happy with this experience!

Room Tip: All rooms have a beautiful view! Some look down on the beautiful, huge pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Always a bridesmaid, never the bride. That's me! All my friends from college are almost all married. I have seen multiple wedding venues in the DC/Baltimore metro area. From the glamorous Four Seasons in Baltimore to vineyards in Frederick county.

This past weekend for the first time I attended a wedding at Turf Valley. The venue is so beautiful, service and food so top notch, I actually rushed to catch the bouquet.

For anyone looking at options this is the place to consider. You have it all here. Dedicated staff, beautiful grounds, easy to navigate (close to BWI airport and ideally between DC and Baltimore), lots of parking, hotel rooms for out of town staff, and still money left in daddy's bank for the honeymoon.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
ct
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Visited this place in June, temps in the 90's, very hot and humid. That's INSIDE the room, as the A/C failed 2 out of 3 nights. Maintenance came to fix, then disappeared. An hour later, received a call from the desk telling me I'd have to move my room. An hour later, someone showed up at my room with an attitude, asking why I didn't come get the key! This was at midnight. New room, temps in the high 70's, no one bothered to turn on the A/c there. Maybe the concept is to provide in-room saunas?

Food? $37 for room service crab cakes that were cold. One hour later the MSG headache kicked in. Facility is dated, dirty, and smells musty. Staff is indifferent. Never did get to golf....

Room Tip: Rooms in another hotel would be a better choice.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank chipfromct
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Good service is an expectation every guest has from a hotel. When good and friendly service comes at a great value the hotel is a winner. For us if we are able to bring Lucky (our dog) along then your hotel becomes our second home.

Our daughter and grand children live in Marriottsville. So we come here the past year and so to visit them every holiday. The front desk is very friendly and capable of managing all request and challenges. The restaurant provides the best outdoor dining experience. The value is very much worth it - renovated rooms, complimentary internet and parking, indoor and outdoor pools. My wife is disappointed that the Spa is always closed on holidays, but she is happy that Lucky is with us on each trip.

The grounds are gorgeous and the neighborhood is great for walking. A 5-10 minutes drive gets you to the Historic Ellicott City and a 25-30 minute drive you will find yourself in Baltimore's Inner Harbor.

We look forward to coming back for Fourth of July and truly appreciate how you have not only welcomed us, but also our newest edition to the family, Lucky.

Room Tip: We have stayed in their executive king and king suites - both are great for dog travelers.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia
Sonesta ES Suites Columbia
Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Baltimore West - Catonsville

Been to Turf Valley Resort? Share your experiences!