“Excellent Reunion Experience! AHS 84-94 Reunion”
Review of Turf Valley Resort

Turf Valley Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ellicott City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Just have to say a big Thank You to Turf Valley for making my Reunion Party a great success! I went into this experience not knowing the first thing about planning a Reunion and Carol (Catering and Sales Manager) helped me through every aspect of the planning! She was patient and so very helpful! Then the day of the event came and I was greeted by (Food and Beverage Director) Mike Powell during the setup. He went out of his way several times to make sure the event went smoothly and it was a wonderful time for all who attended. I also need to mention Serol Gurun (Director of Rooms) for dealing with the ever changing reservations (issues on the reunion group end) and for finding last minute accommodations for guests that had not planned on staying. I was very pleased with the Banquet Staff as well (Theresa in particular), they were very pleasant and kept the delicious food warm and plentiful. I would definitely love to use Turf Valley again for a future event!!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
abushtv, Manager at Turf Valley Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Hi, Keith -

I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your experience in hosting your reunion at Turf Valley! Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know - we hope to see you again soon!

Thanks,
eCommerce Mananger

There are newer reviews for Turf Valley Resort

Reviewed 27 August 2014

I went with a group for a program at Turf Valley and this is the second time. Reservation was made months in advance for executive suite. I purposefully reserved this type of room due to having a 5month old baby with me so I needed to have a room that will accommodate us with amenities such as refrigerator, microwave and space. Upon arrival, I was checked into a small room and the clerk refused to change it. I was told that they didn't have an executive room available and that it was not a guarantee although I explained to them that my reservation was for executive room. I was very upset when I was told that I should bring my baby's food to the front desk for storage in their refrigerator and call for it when my baby wakes up to feed in the middle of the night. I am a well travelled person and I owe a timeshare so I know how a resort should be, how comfortable it should be and the excellent service the staff is suppose to provide. Moreover, I am in the customer service business so I have very high expectations. Same situation happened last year and upon investigation I realize I didn't ask for the right room so this year I emphasized and reserved the right room and still run into the same problem. Some of the resturant staff were rude and reluctant to provide service and I don't know if it was because we were Africans. I will not recommend this facility unless major improvement is made to the service to all no Exceptions!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ayeshia T
abushtv, Manager at Turf Valley Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Hi, Ayeshia -

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. I am highly disappointed to hear that you had this experience and we certainly do not ever want anyone to feel that they are not a valued guest at Turf Valley for any reason. I assure you that I have passed your feedback on to our management team so that your concerns can be addressed.

Please feel free to contact me directly at visitus@turfvalley.com should have any questions or concerns.

Again, thank you -

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I had the pleasure of playing in the TV member guest this weekend. The course was in very good condition and the TV staff put on a first class event. The only other club in the area is Cattail Creek where conditions are superior as are the members (just ask them). Yard for yard TV is a better layout whereas Cattail is tricked up. If you want to play a good course with great members play TV. If you prefer the best greens in the county with members who aren't as friendly play Cattail

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
abushtv, Manager at Turf Valley Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Thanks for your review - I'm glad you had a good time at the Member Guest and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Rooms and staff are excellent, meeting space is diverse to accomadate indvidual sessions. Executive suites are extremely comfortable. Plenty of parking and signage available. Restaurant is 4 star quality. I plan to return for a personal getaway within the next month. Excellent staff & assistance when planning, executing a conference large or small. This place is a jewel. - Artie E.

Room Tip: The golf course view & fountain view are "breathtaking".
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thanks for you feedback, Artie - I'm happy to hear that you had a wonderful Turf Valley experience and look forward to providing you excellent service when you return for a personal getaway!

Take care,

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

My stay at this resort was nothing spectacular. Sure, this is a beautiful hotel... location and landscaping sets the tone for a great getaway. My issue is that these rooms need updating/overhaul. The presidential suite we stayed in had one 25" tv. With the room being big and spacious, the TV looked like a 10inch handheld. The beds felt horrible. Like sleeping on straw mat... the microwave in the room was a prototype- very grimmy and aged!!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank A Émylyã B
abushtv, Manager at Turf Valley Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed the location and scenery at Turf Valley, but I am sorry to hear that your overall experience left you with a poor impression. This is certainly not how we want our guests to feel about their stay. I have passed your comments on to our management team so they may be used as we constantly strive to provide our guests with the best experience possible.

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Always a nice and pleasant stay. Restaurant and bar were good. Bar could stay open a little later. Front desk very helpful and nice. Facilities nice and rooms were great. I had king room with a sitting area and walk in time shower. Will always stay here if possible.

Stayed: August 2014

Thanks for your review and your loyal patronage - we look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Hosted a trade show in this location for the first time and we'll be back. Hotel is connected, lots of parking, and friendly staff. We used the catering and that worked well. The facility is popular with several events so good to have signage and a registration desk to keep your group exclusive without any of the public walking in by mistake.

The seafood salad in the dining room is excellent! Sleeping rooms were clean and updated fairly recently.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Hi, Stacey -

I'm so glad you enjoyed your experience hosting a conference at Turf Valley and, of course, we would love to have you back again. Thanks so much for your review!

Take care,
eCommerce Manager

(ps - I love the Chesapeake Cobb Salad, too!)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellicott City
#4 of 12 in Columbia
Sonesta ES Suites Columbia
Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel
Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore

Been to Turf Valley Resort? Share your experiences!