Turf Valley Resort
US$68
Priceline
US$107
ExtendedStay
Hampton Inn Columbia(Columbia)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$134
US$118
US$111
US$65
All reviewsspa serviceshoward countybanquet stafftennis courtsmeeting spaceconference centercrab cakeslarge bathroomking suitefront desk staffbed was very comfortablenice view of the golf coursejacuzzi tubsitting areamini fridgethe entire staffchecking in
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 June 2006

We stayed at Turf Valley June 2-4 to attend a wedding.

Here is my opinion of the resort---

The corridor with our room had the air conditioner out of order. It was very warm and humid.

My basic complaint was with the air conditioner in our room. I felt that it never worked well the whole time that we were there. The lowest we could set it was 69 degrees. However, the temperature never even came close to being that low. We were able to verify that with a thermometer that we had with us. I asked the desk about moving rooms and we were told that nothing else was available.

There was no way that we could have slept on the bed closest to the air conditioner. If the air conditioner did come on, it blew strongly on the right side of the bed and was quite loud.

The second night I had to get up three times to press the button on the thermostat so that the air conditioner would come back on for a short while. When it did work, it would go for a while, turn off for less than a minute and then come back on again.

I know that you can not control the guests, but both nights we were awakened at 12:30 with laughter and loud talking in the hallways.

My sister was upgraded to a suite. We were surprised that the duvet in on her bed didn't even have a cover on it. It is much easier to wash a duvet cover than to try to keep a duvet clean. Both of us are reluctant to have blankets or bed covers up near our chins because of the infrequent cleaning.

We were also surprised that the rooms don't have safes. I put a Do Not Disturb sign on my door because I didn't feel comfortable with leaving valuables in the room during the day while we were gone.

The outside seemed to be well-kept and it was very convenient to most for us. However, for the price I was very displeased because of power outages, telephones not working and the air conditioning problems we had.

• Stayed: June 2006
6  Thank Maelrarny
Reviewed 24 September 2005

Me and my husband went to Turf valley for our first Honeymoon. We got the Spa Jacuzzi romance package. It was wonderful . The room was nice overlooking the golf course. The breakfast in bed was the best French toast I have ever eaten and the service was good. I have no complaints.

• Stayed: August 2005
2  Thank Desiree W
Reviewed 19 September 2005

After reading the previous reviews, I really hesitated reserving rooms there this past weekend.
Room - basic but satisfactory - we had a nice view of the golf course - I think we were in the new wing
Staff - fine
Hotel - didn't use any of the amenities - but walked the golf course - it was very pretty, spa was completely booked, free internet access in the lobby, dinner in the bar was surprisingly good -

There were at least 3 weddings going on - and we didn't have any noise issues at all.

For the price ($200/night) - we really had no complaints.

It was a short drive into the historic part of Ellicott City and 20 minutes to Inner Harbor.

• Stayed: September 2005
5  Thank Mikki162
Reviewed 18 September 2005

We were concerned about staying at Turf valley after reading the negative reviews. We were pleasantly surprised with the nice rooms, hotel lobby, good food at the restaurant and the pretty grounds. We were in the new wing which has large rooms with a separate sink and mirror in the bedroom which helped with three girls getting ready at the same time. In the evening we hiked the path around the golf course (after the golfers were finished playing). The staff were very friendly and helpful. I recommend you ask for a room in the "new wing"-it had a small balcony overlooking the golf course and fountain. Free internet service with printer in the lobby was very convenient.

• Stayed: September 2005
3  Thank smgapp
Reviewed 9 August 2005

Family of five stayed two nights in May, 2005, for a wedding. The room was ok, but small for a junior suite. No room for the rollaway once the sofa bed was made up. Also, so noisy! I could hear the people in the hallway, in the parking lot, in the next room. The toilet flushing in the next room sounded like it was right next to me. Don't think I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2005