“Don't Take My Word, Contact ME”
Review of Turf Valley Resort

Turf Valley Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ellicott City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, Ga.
“Don't Take My Word, Contact ME”
Reviewed 8 November 2006

Stay her!! You will love this place. Great staff with clean rooms and great ammenities. I will never stay anywhere else around Baltimore again. Great service.

snewman2000@comcast.net

• Liked — Clean
  • Disliked — No Complaints
  • Tips/Secrets — stay here and drive to inner harbour it that is your interest. You will be much happier!!
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
3 Thank unhappyinga

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Newton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 October 2006

A business trip took me to Turf Valley and, while I was certainly comfortable, I probably wouldn't choose to return on my own dime. While my room was clean and comfortable and had a nice view out over the golf course, if I'd been there for a romantic getaway with my wife, I would have been disappointed. I found the facility lacking the touches (great food, high-end furniture, luxurious bedding, and so forth) that might contribute to a great weekend escape. Absolutely fine for me flying solo on business, but not enough to draw me back.

• Stayed March 2004, travelled on business
3 Thank awelch2000
California
Reviewed 19 August 2006

My husband and I recently stayed at Turf Valley Resort and Conference Center and completely enjoyed ourselves. Coming in from out of town, the shuttle to the resort from the airport was timely and efficient. Our first evening there, the restaurant, Alexandra's I believe it was called, where we dined had excellent food and a very relaxing environment. We honestly had no problems with checking in or anything wrong with the rooms...they actually looked brand new (perhaps they have been remodeled). But when we originally read the reviews from this site, we were skeptical, which is why I thought it would be a good idea to compose my own review after our stay to enlighten those that are skeptical as we were. Since we both had come to relax and attend our high school reunion which was held here, I thought we'd give the hotel a try for convenience sake. It was well worth it in every aspect of our trip.

• Liked — It was such a beautiful place!
  • Disliked — That I couldn't afford to stay for the rest of the week!
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PRprincessa
Elkridge, Maryland
Reviewed 27 June 2006

My girlfriend and I spent June 24-25 here for a Girlfriends Getaway. Check in was terrible. We were quoted one rate on the phone and then the woman at the desk during checkin tried charging us about $27 more per person. Then she said she would upgrade us to a king suite because she ran out of the deluxe room we had made reservations for (over a month in advance). Well, that would have been fine if the king room had more than one bed. She said there was a pull out sofa and one of us could sleep on it. Well, for $350 a night per person we were not sleeping on an uncomfortable sleeper sofa. All of a sudden she "found" a deluxe room. Go figure. After about 20 minutes of arguing and almost leaving we finally got the issues resolved. Though when I requested to speak with a manager I was told that she (the woman I was talking to) was the supervisor and no one else could help me. I found that hard to believe.
There were no movie channels, no pay per view movies, nothing to do other than our spa treatments and sit at the bar in drink (which is fine for a little bit but not for 2 days!). Then on Sunday we ordered room service for breakfast and got pancakes and french toast. They sent up only 1 syrup for both meals. We had to call down to the restaurant and have more sent up to us but by the time they finally got up there my food was cold.
There were black hairs stuck to the shower wall, which grossed us out. And the shower drain didn't drain so we showered ankle deep in water. Yuck.
I was totally disappointed in this "resort". For the price I expected to much more.

The spa, however, was wonderful. The food at Alexandra's restaurant was fabulous. If you do go to the spa ask for Theresa...she's awesome!!!

Stayed June 2006
6 Thank brandonsmommy
Newark, DE
Reviewed 14 June 2006

June 8-11 stay for family function. Banquet staff excellent. Bedding poor. Linen like gauze in need of replacement. Pillows inadequate foam. Undergoing construction so step carefully. All in family had the same poor comments regarding beds and pillows. Sorry Turf Valley, never again.

• Stayed June 2006
5 Thank newarktraveler
Taylors, South Carolina
Reviewed 7 June 2006

We stayed at Turf Valley June 2-4 to attend a wedding.

Here is my opinion of the resort---

The corridor with our room had the air conditioner out of order. It was very warm and humid.

My basic complaint was with the air conditioner in our room. I felt that it never worked well the whole time that we were there. The lowest we could set it was 69 degrees. However, the temperature never even came close to being that low. We were able to verify that with a thermometer that we had with us. I asked the desk about moving rooms and we were told that nothing else was available.

There was no way that we could have slept on the bed closest to the air conditioner. If the air conditioner did come on, it blew strongly on the right side of the bed and was quite loud.

The second night I had to get up three times to press the button on the thermostat so that the air conditioner would come back on for a short while. When it did work, it would go for a while, turn off for less than a minute and then come back on again.

I know that you can not control the guests, but both nights we were awakened at 12:30 with laughter and loud talking in the hallways.

My sister was upgraded to a suite. We were surprised that the duvet in on her bed didn't even have a cover on it. It is much easier to wash a duvet cover than to try to keep a duvet clean. Both of us are reluctant to have blankets or bed covers up near our chins because of the infrequent cleaning.

We were also surprised that the rooms don't have safes. I put a Do Not Disturb sign on my door because I didn't feel comfortable with leaving valuables in the room during the day while we were gone.

The outside seemed to be well-kept and it was very convenient to most for us. However, for the price I was very displeased because of power outages, telephones not working and the air conditioning problems we had.

• Stayed June 2006
6 Thank Maelrarny
randallstown m.d.
Reviewed 24 September 2005

Me and my husband went to Turf valley for our first Honeymoon. We got the Spa Jacuzzi romance package. It was wonderful . The room was nice overlooking the golf course. The breakfast in bed was the best French toast I have ever eaten and the service was good. I have no complaints.

• Stayed August 2005
DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia
Sonesta ES Suites Columbia
Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia / South

Been to Turf Valley Resort? Share your experiences!