Turf Valley Resort
US$88
US$76
QualityInn
US$114
DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia(Columbia)(Great Value!)
US$155
Hilton Garden Inn Columbia(Columbia)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$162
GardenInn.com
US$76
US$68
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsspa serviceshoward countybanquet stafftennis courtsmeeting spaceconference centercrab cakeslarge bathroomking suitefront desk staffbed was very comfortablenice view of the golf coursejacuzzi tubsitting areamini fridgethe entire staffchecking in
Reviewed 11 January 2011

I am an old (but gold) man. So every penny counts and the $2000 I dropped at this resort for room and food was well worth.

My bride and I arrived two days before Christmas and stayed for almost a week. We were on the road forever. As we approached the parking lot, I admired your beautiful golf courses. Parked at a very empty lot and walked in to a similar lobby. However, the feeling of warmth immediately came back as I was greeted by a very friendly front desk employee. A fine lady. There was no bell boy (I guess there were out doing Christmas shopping) but the gentlemen (higher up on the totem pole) who helped was a true class act - gave us the perfect welcome and represented the property with honor. Our room was a very charming suite which had a view of the golf course. The restaurant's food was yummy and portions kept me loaded for the whole day - service was very warm and friendly (however not polished)

Overall it was the perfect stay for a holiday family visit. The staff treated us like family and greeted us with warm,smiley faces on each encounter.

We will be back in the Spring.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 December 2010

My family and I were staying at Turf Valley to celebrate a family member's wedding. (We were traveling with a large group including children and three elders) Unfortunately upon our arrival on Dec. 17th, the female receptionist at the front desk was very rude. My family and I were carrying in our luggage on a cart and the receptionist proceded to laugh at them as they struggled with their things. When she was addressed about this matter, she had a very sarcastic attitude. From the momement we arrived we did not feel welcome.

The hallway and elevator was freezing! It felt as though you were outside until you finally reached your room!

VERY unsatisfied with the quality of service or lack there of and the lack of welcoming gestures from the staff.

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank mhilton1986
Reviewed 14 November 2010

My son most recently got married at Turf Valley. It was the perfect Fall wedding. The entire experience was flawless. Unlike the previous reviewer, we actually had our wedding at this beautiful facility, and obviously was not trying to get a refund. The event is costly. Good things in life have a price tag ! The property shows well with its beautiful golf courses and landscaping. The staff is fantastic. The food is delicious. All our guest had a great stay as well.

I highly recommend Turf Valley.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2010

The hotel charges you a $100 incidental fee when you first arrive. Even if you didn't have any incidentals, the hotel keeps this $100 for a week. This was very inconvenient. In addition, the food wasn't very good and service was just ok. I wouldn't recommend staying there.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2010

I am writing as a bride who was a guest of Turf Valley's on her wedding day. From the time that my fiancé checked into the room to the end of the night, when we arrived at Turf Valley after our wedding, we were treated with a lack of regard or respect.

Upon check-in, the front desk staff refused to let my fiancé check-in because he was not the name on the reservation. It took some back and forth before they finally accepted that it was his wedding day and he needed to get into the room to get ready.

Due to a stinkbug infestation in the room while my fiancé (now husband) got ready, we requested for our room to be switched. The woman at the front desk informed us in a nonchalant manner that the stinkbug issue was a problem in our area and made no move to make the switch. It took some forcefulness on our part for this to happen. We were then assured that our belongings would be moved from our current room to our new one. When we arrived at 1 a.m., the woman at the front desk said that there was no note in the system and our stuff should be waiting for us in the new room. When we finally entered the room, we saw that our belongings had, in fact, not been moved.

I called down to the front desk to inform them that our stuff had never been moved. I was informed by the woman at the front desk that to get our items, we would have to wait for security to arrive at the front desk, make his way to the room & retrieve our items. However, she did not know how long it would take security to even get to her desk to begin the process, meaning we could possibly have to wait an inordinate amount of time.

At this point, my fiancé and I decided that we were sick with the lackadaisical manner that Turf Valley had treated us with throughout the course of our wedding day. I called down to the front desk and told the woman that we would be checking out and going home. As we checked out, she told us that security still hadn't arrived and that we would still have to wait to get our things. Fortunately, she allowed us to run up and get our items ourselves.

As we left, we were never given an apology for the frustration given to us by the staff at Turf Valley. We were hardly even acknowledged as we exited the resort on our wedding day, without even enjoying the room that we paid almost $200 to not sleep in.
I know some of the frustrations we experienced seemed small, but added up, they led to nothing but aggravation. We were never treated as though we were guests, but as sources of irritation.

I followed up our experience with a letter of complaint to the Director of Marketing. He replied asking if he could speak to me about our experience. I responded by stating that short of receiving a refund on our room, anything we would need to discuss was outlined in my letter. I never heard back and never got that refund.

I am not the first in my family to have a negative experience at Turf Valley, but seeing as though it was only 5 minutes from my reception location, we booked our room out of convenience. In the end, it was a mistake and ended our evening on a very low note. I would recommend to anyone considering to stay at Turf Valley to look elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple