Residence Inn by Marriott Columbia
Turf Valley Resort(Ellicott City)(Great Value!)
US$148
The Wayside Inn(Ellicott City)
US$247
US$88
US$76
QualityInn
US$114
DoubleTree by Hilton Columbia(Columbia)(Great Value!)
US$155
Doubletree.com
Hilton Garden Inn Columbia(Columbia)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$162
GardenInn.com
All reviewsbob evanschick filfront desklight sleeperfold out couchhighway sideyogurtminute drivecoffee tableyour luggagebreakfast buffet ishome away from homehousekeeping staffnice roomliving roomexercise roommake your own waffles
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Talk about loving this place! First off let me say that when I booked this hotel I loved the fact hat they had free cancellation up until the day of. Which really worked for us because we didn't know if the snow would hinder us from going. Loved the fact that I could pay at the hotel.

LOCATION: We like to be a little secluded when it comes to little hotel getaways & this spot is definitely a good contender for it. Residence Inn will have you thinking that you're getting lost, because it's secluded, but yet it's right across from a Chick-fil-A, less than 3 minutes from the grocery store, restaurants, Dunkin Donuts, etc.

When walking into this hotel I LOVED the warm welcome from the front desk clerk & just from the overall atmosphere. We were checked in less than 2 minutes & sent to the room. I really appreciated the fact that we were placed in a room that was far down the hallway yet still near the alternate entrance/exit so we could just walk out to our car.

We had a studio suite & it was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! When my babe walked into the room all he could say was, "Wow!" The room was nice & toasty. Everything was really clean & in order. The setup was like walking into your own studio apartment. The bed comfy & pillows were just right.One thing that I can that I didn't particularly care for was how small the bathroom was. When you lay down the towel that you step on after showering that hinders the bathroom door from being able to completely open. It's a bit tight. I cooked us up a meal & everything that I needed was in the room. From pans, pots, spatula, slotted spoon & even a cork screw for the wine. Only thing I had to buy was some candles & a lighter because everything else was right there at my fingers.

BREAKFAST: When I walked downstairs to get us some breakfast to bring back to the room I got greeted with smiles by the front desk clerk, the cleaning people & hotel staff. The breakfast spread was nice. It wasn't overly crowded at all. They had everything from the Belgian waffle maker, sausage links, eggs, biscuits & gravy, potato wedges, oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, fruit, bagels, etc. There was a lot to choose from. Everything was fully cooked & delicious.

Checkout was a breeze as well. I was cleaning up before we left & I loaded up the dishwasher. When I started it the dishwasher started to leak so I had to stop it & lay down a towel to soak up the water. I did alert the front desk & they were appreciative that I told them & that they would fix it.

Overall, I would say that our stay here was DIVINE & so worth the money! We are DEFINITELY coming back here.

Room Tip: This is definitely a great place to stay!! Hope your review would be as good as mine.
1  Thank Msmaria_nicole
Reviewed 15 February 2014

The Residence Inn in Columbia, MD is a little off the beaten track, however, it is well worth taking the extra turn to stay at this marvelous facility. Of course it is a Marriott property. The rooms are clean and very spacious, the staff are extremely friendly and accommodating and the hot breakfast is complimentary.

Kudos to a wonderful Front Desk Clerk, Keith Jones who exudes southern hospitality, friendliness and charm. Kudos also to the morning clerk. I cannot say enough about the friendliness of the staff at this property. I had business in Baltimore and did not want to travel back home on January 17 so since I always stay at Marriott properties, I made reservations to stay overnight in Maryland. I am always torn between staying in Columbia or Hanover, MD. And have stayed at this particular hotel many times over the years. This property is always consistent as Marriott's generally are.This property is quiet and peaceful. It is truly one of the best places to stay in Maryland.
Retired Jersey RN

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor facing the back parking lot.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We have small grandchildren who live with us, so my wife and I decided to have a weekend to ourselves. We chose the Residence Inn because it was close to home since we had to be back early Sunday morning. The front desk staff were very pleasant and engaged. We used points, and we were given a small suite with a fireplace. The room seemed well-kept - not particularly opulent, but very nice. The room was small, but for 2 people, the separate bedroom is a nice touch. There was even popcorn in the room to make in the microwave. The breakfast buffet was a nice touch since the Courtyards have replaced it with a pay-as-you go Starbucks. In the Residence Inn, there were pastries, eggs, sausage, yogurt, waffles and other choices. It was fresh, and coffee was available all day and night.

The only complaint I have is what others have also written about. Our room was on the highway side, and it was very noisy. The walls must not have much insulation as we could hear every car and truck pass, and it did interrupt our sleep. I would recommend and stay here again, but only if I have a room that does not face the highway.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that does not face the highway.
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Stayed there twice on business trips. Generally the hotel is fine, the rooms are spacious and well-equipped, the breakfast buffet is fine too (though not really caters to European tastes). However the big minus is that the Hotel is next to the highway and many rooms directly face the highway and have constant road noise. Other may not mind, but I could sleep only with ear plugs. So I'd stay there again, but only if I get confirmation in advance that my room faces away from the highway.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces away from the highway.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Robert P
Joel S, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Hi Robert,

I hope that all is well, we certainly try to do our best to meet all of our guests needs. We are always trying to innovate our breakfast offerings, and certainly will pass your feedback along. If you are in fact going to be back in the area please reach out to me so that I can better assist you in regards to room blocking.

Best regards,

Joel Shasteen
Operations Manager
Joel.Shasteen@Marriott.com

Reviewed 6 February 2014

We booked the Residence because we couldn't get the Courtyard which is slightly closer to I95. We were happy we made this choice.
With the room being a mini suite, I had to ability to do some computer work, or read, or watch TV without disturbing my spouse. If you needed to cook, you could as there is a 2 burner cooktop, full size fridge, large microwave. However, we were surprised to be told there was complimentary dining that night and I think, every week night. This night it was spaghetti and meatballs. I expected canned food, but instead it was a buffet of freshly made pasta, meatballs, and sauce; and all were very good! They also had a mini salad bar with again fresh produce. Coffee always on. A welcome feast after a long journey on the road. Breakfast was also excellent with everything available, eggs, bacon, sausage, cereals, oatmeal, pastries, breads, etc. All for the price of the room!
The evening and daytime front desk staff was also excellent; very cheerful, helpful, and accommodating. Even the preparers of the wonderful food were a delight. Hint: As with other reviewers, ask for a room opposite the highway. The traffic is right outside your window and can be a little noisy at times. Also, you can take Rte 29 to get back on I95. It is a major road with traffic lights, but a bit nicer of a drive. Ask the front desk for their opinion and guidance.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the highway.