“Very much like the Ramen I got in Tokyo.”
Review of Uma Uma

Uma Uma
Ranked #65 of 178 Restaurants in Ellicott City
Reviewed 26 March 2017

I really enjoyed both of the Ramen dishes I got here. It was very much like the Ramen dish I got in Minato, Tokyo. The broth, Shoyu (soy sauce), Miso (soup based), Tonkatsu (rich pork), and vegetarian are all very tasty. The ingredients in the soup are great and there are plenty of options for other ingredients that can be added. I'd recommend the Ramen at spice level 2, it compliments the food very well without overpowering it. I've eaten there several times and intend to go back.

Reviewed 22 February 2017

If you love Ramen, this is a great little place to go. I liked the ramen and the rice bowls they offer. When I went they were in the process of getting their liquor license. Would be a nice place to go to if they offered a good happy hour. Will go back and check them out again soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2017

Our adult son, my wife and I did not know exactly what to expect at Uma Uma as we had not previously eaten at a Ramen restaurant. However, we are always willing to savor a new culinary experience.

We started out with the Chashu Bun, Shrimp Gyoza, a Scallop Yakitori and a Beef Yakitori. The Chashu Bun was our favorite, hands down. The Gyoza came in second. The Yakitori was a bit meager but it was inexpensive.

For the Ramen we ordered the Shoyu, Miso and Vegetarian Ramens. each of us was pleased with the choices we made.

The decor of this little restaurant is spartan, but very pleasing. The wait staff was attentive and efficient.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

I went here with my husband on valentine's day for dinner. This is the first time I've had Japanese ramen. I had the miso ramen and my husband had one of the rice dishes. We also had the dumpling appetizer. The food was delicious and very filling. The service could've been better, which is why I gave this restaurant a 4 instead of 5. We sat and waited for our bill for about 5 minutes after our plates were cleared. I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

We've been in this restaurant quite a few times and usually ordered Ramen. Their ramen is ok, nothing spectacular. This weekend I decided to order the Beef Bowl. The beef was way too salty as if I was eating a block of salt. I informed the waitress about it and she said, "you have to stir it up with the rice when you eat it so it won't be salty." Instead of offering to replace the overly salted food, she made me feel stupid and ignorant about how this food should taste like. After visiting Japan several times and eating this same dish in other parts of the US and the world, I think I can say that this beef is truly salty no matter how you stir it up. I informed her again that the food is salty and she offered more rice. Since I didn't want to make a scene, I did not insist on them replacing what I ordered.
I wish that she gave more attention to this than to her friends who were sitting at the bar chatting her up and stroking her "naturally blonde hair." Whatever happened to work ethics? We will never go back to this place again. We'd rather drive an hour to DC for more authentic ramen shops.