“Good place to stop, if you need a break.”

Sleep Inn & Suites Emmitsburg
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Emmitsburg
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Good place to stop, if you need a break.”
Reviewed 3 August 2011

We stopped here, driving back to Virginia from Lancaster. We did alot that day, and were tired so we'll looked up the closest hotel to where we were on the road. Found this place in this small college town in Maryland.
We had never stayed in a Sleep inn, so we were a little apprehensive. But, upon arrival we were very pleasantly surprised. The hotel is tucked away on a back road, a little hard to find even though it's right off of US-15. We arrived late, about 8pm. So we didn't use the indoor pool or the business center. We checked in to our King room, and found it was rather well appointed for the price. Decent TV, very fast wireless internet, good size fridge, pretty comfy bed. The only negative in the room itself was that the bathroom :"door" was a sliding kind, that was hard to open and close.
Upon waking the next day, we had requested and received a late checkout at noon. However,at about 11am, there was a knock at the door. The housekeeper had decided to ignore the "do not disturb" sign. I told her to come back later, as we had a late checkout. She either didn't understand me or didn't care, and then tried to open the door, and despite the dead bolt beings turned, she was able to open the door, a little. I had to forcibly push the door closed, as we were not dressed. I had to yell at her to go way, before she finally did.
Other than that, one bad experience we had a otherwise enjoyable stay.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jjuva13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Charlottesville, VA
Reviewed 26 July 2011

My 9 year old daughter and I stayed at the Sleep Inn in Emmitsburg, MD while we were visiting Gettysburg. It was just an easy 15 minute drive from the Battlefield and historic downtown area. The room was basic but clean and quiet. The pool is indoor and small but my daughter loved being able to swim anytime, rain or shine, night or day. Complimentary continental breakfast (bagels, cereals, etc.) was fine and the dining room was clean. There were several places to eat nearby and also a grocery store. We ate at Chubby's barbeque one night - very casual and inexpensive - HUGE portions. At the other end of the spectrum was The Carriage House Restaurant - more expansive and expensive menu - excellent food and service but pricey. There was even a multiplex movie theater in nearby Gettysburg. This hotel was less expensive than the places I checked in Gettysburg. I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Katiewritesnow
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 22 July 2011

We were looking for a place to stay at the end of the day in Gettysburg, but everywhere in town I checked was filled up. We found this hotel just down the road in Emmitsburg and they not only had a room for us, but an indoor pool and a reasonable price. It is on the same side of Gettysburg as the battlefield, so you don't have to go through the town of Gettysburg to get to the National Park Visitors Center. As a result, I don't think it takes much longer to get there from this hotel than from some hotels in Gettysburg. The pool and the rooms were small - we only had a shower, no tub - but I would stay here again if I were visiting Gettysburg.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2011

I recently stayed overnight before attending a quilt retreat in the area. The front deskman was friendly and suggested I check out the grocery store and picnic tables for something to eat. I loved that there was a grocery store, gas station, and Mcdonalds so close to the hotel. It was easy on and off of route 15 as I checked out Emmitsburg and did some geocaching in the area. It was quiet since the hotel is set back off the road. The room was average, the typical Sleep Inn room. I will be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Kh21804
Walden, Tenn
Reviewed 20 July 2011

The Sleep Inn outside of Emmitsburg is located right next to US 15 and about 20 minutes south of Gettysburg Battlefield. It is a newer hotel and state of the art for this brand. My room had a slick shower (no tub) and plenty of room, with everything in good shape as befits a hotel of such recent vintage. The inside corridors, lobby,and breakfast room are all well designed and maintained. Front desk staff was a bit detached and added nothing to what otherwise would have been a very nice stay.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the elevator, which is located at the far eastern end of the corridors
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank civilwarguy
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 4 July 2011

This is a good value hotel. It has a small gym and pool and reasonable rooms. The rates were very reasonable. Breakfast was basic, and was included in the price, but be prepared to eat off styrofoam plates and use plastic knives and forks. I would prefer to pay a few dollars a more a night to have china and proper flatware. Not just because it's nicer, but because I don't feel comfortable aboiut the environmental consequences of creating more trash.

Room Tip: discounts available if you are attending a local .
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank thecatsmiaow
California, Maryland
Reviewed 1 July 2011

We stayed here as a cheaper alternative to a hotel in Gettysburg. The drive there is only about 10 mins and we saved hundreds. Friendly people working the desk. Other than an old smell in the hotel everything was fine. Worth it!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emmitsburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Gettysburg
#2 of 27 in Gettysburg
The Lodges at Gettysburg
The Lodges at Gettysburg
#16 of 27 in Gettysburg

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Emmitsburg? Share your experiences!