Sleep Inn & Suites Emmitsburg
Liberty Mountain Resort(Carroll Valley)
US$217
US$177
Orbitz.com
US$121
US$109
US$132
US$77
US$69
The Fairfield Lodge(Fairfield)(Great Value!)
US$72
The Lodges at Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$157
Travelocity
US$67
Travelocity
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$135
US$167
US$162
BestWestern.com
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
US$164
All reviewsfallen firefightersfront deskgettysburg battlefieldnice indoor poolsink areafireplace suitefree breakfastthe ac unitplenty of hot waterstay there againroom keystayed two nightsper nightking bedice machinecoffee makerelizabeth ann seton
Reviewed 6 July 2012

My husband and I recently attended a religious conference in Emmittsburg, and rather than staying in the dorms on campus (been there - done that), we opted to reserve a room at the local Sleep Inn. The location couldn't have been more convenient (only 2-3 miles from Mt. St. Mary) and the hotel is very well maintained. The staff is very friendly and were very accommodating when we asked for a late check out on the final day. Our room was a king room and I found the decor to be very attractive and it was nice to have a large shower instead of a tub/shower combo (only thing is that water pressure could have been a little stronger) with nice hot water. The bed was very comfortable as well.

We ate breakfast at the hotel the first morning and were slightly underwhelmed. I had a bagel with butter and cream cheese. The bagel was fine, but the butter and cream cheese were so hard (cold) that the flimsy knife provided wasn't up to the task - I saw others flipping the knife over and using the handle instead of the blade - it worked marginally better, but not much. My husband had one of the breakfast sandwiches and a hard boiled egg that was very rubbery. Would probably not eat breakfast there again, even though it is included in the room rate - there's a McDonalds just up the road and the food would be better!

The pool was nice and seemed to underutilized during our stay - but the towels - OMG the towels. They were very small and almost felt threadbare. It would be nice if they upgraded the towel quality a bit.

Overall we were very pleased with our stay and, should the opportunity arise next year, we would probably stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank crookedhalo
Reviewed 9 June 2012

The first thing that greets you is the incredibly clean property. I travel a great deal and wish all of the places I stay were as clean as this hotel.

Rooms are reasonably modern with comfortable beds and panel televisions.

Staff is top rate, all a true pleasure to deal with.

I intend to be back next year for a conference again and will stay here without reservation.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Doc D
Reviewed 13 March 2012

The room was that, a room, it wasn't surprisingly good or bad; for a night, it was totally adequate. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. Internet connection was wireless and reasonably stable. Stand up shower rather than a tub, which is fine with me. The shower head was barely adequate with not a lot of water and at rather low pressure. Changing the settings did changed the shape of the flow but it was still weak - but not bad enough to be a serious CON.

PRO - Very courteous front desk staff, especially at check in.

CON - Breakfast offerings were miserly. If this is the best that can be afforded, then management should seriously consider discontinuing to advertise & offer breakfast. Stale baked powered doughnuts do not constitute a reasonable breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank John P
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Hello I would like to say in the below post the person writing this is giving misleading information. I was staying on the third floor with my boyfriend on a skiing trip the night this took place and I called the front desk about this room being loud playing music we could actually hear the words to over in our room in the middle of the night. Then about 30 minutes later I went to the front desk in the middle of the night have you ! And this is taking place at 2am by the way. To tell the front desk clerk this room still had people coming in and out being loud while slamming their door over and over. While I was there he was on the phone with a other guest complaining about the same problem.

We are happy they were removed because if not we might not have had any sleep for our day of skiing which would have resulted in a wasted trip. A hotel you pay a 130.00 dollars a night for should not have problems from other inconsiderate guest turning their room into a frat house ! Because of the front desk clerk taking action we will be back next year.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Jennifer T
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Having stayed at the Sleep Inn several times, I was expecting a pleasant weekend with no issues at the hotel. I was utterly disappointed with the lack of hospitable management at this hotel. My group of friends was in town for a reunion and when we had returned from a night out, we were laughing and catching up. We did receive one complaint regarding our noise, at which point we lowered our voices and tried to wind down for the night. Soon after, we received a knock at our door with three police officers, kicking us out of the hotel.

Typically, you would expect hotel management to give you a warning such as "next time we get a complaint, you will be asked to leave" but we never got such a warning. Instead, we were blindsided at 3 AM in the morning and forced to get into cars and drive to another hotel. Thankfully some of our friends had arrived late that night and were able to drive safely to another hotel. Had that not been the case, we would have had no way of safely leaving this hotel.

I understand and agree that noise that bothers other guests should be taken seriously by management. I even admit that yes, we had gotten carried away in the excitement of reuniting with old friends. However, the respectful and lawful treatment of your guests should also be taken seriously. We were treated with utter disrespect and given no solid reason by management for our forced removal from this hotel. Additionally, it was unacceptable and absolutely unnecessary to waste the time of police officers in this situation. As a hotel manager, you should be able to properly handle situations of your guests, including insisting that they quiet down.

I suggest in the future you have your team revisit Hospitality 101. Do not waste the time of the police to quiet down a bunch of harmless young professionals who are not a menace to society in any way, shape, or form. Give your paying guests the opportunity to quiet down or at least provide a warning that the next consequence is being kicked out.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends