“Clean, Quiet Nice Place to Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites Emmitsburg

Sleep Inn & Suites Emmitsburg
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Emmitsburg
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“Clean, Quiet Nice Place to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

We were attending a baseball tournament at Mount St. Mary and had originally requested a room with two double beds and a rollaway bed (we have 2 large teenage boys) but were told that the hotel only had a King room available with a rollaway, but that if a double opened up, we would get it. Happily, there was a note in our reservation and that was the case when we checked in! The room was small but very clean and attractive. Our boys complained about the bathroom being very small. Nice full breakfast in the morning. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Greenfield, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

On a recent visit to Gettysburg our regular hotel didn't have a vacancy, so we tried this hotel. I was very pleasantly surprised by what we found. The room was very clean, quiet, the a/c was good, and the cost was acceptable. Breakfast was very good. The best part of the stay was the front desk staff - efficient, helpful, and very friendly. Recommend you try it!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

My daughter attends mount st Mary's university; this hotel is 5 minutes away. Not only is it so close but has an indoor pool great breakfast including waffles- eggs-cereal etc. Recently renovated very clean. We have stayed here at least 5 times and will def stay again. Even better they give a mount discount. 10 minutes from historic Gettysburg....lots of restaurants. The Gettysburg outlets. Would def reccommend it.....

Room Tip: Only 3 floors all great...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

My husband I and I have stayed here before and we recently stayed for the 150th. The rates were definitely higher than normal but since hotels had been booked for 2yrs for the event, we were very happy to find this. The hotel is clean and comfortable, the staff is friendly and professional, the breakfast is good, and the afternoon snack was a nice touch.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Columbia, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

This hotel was value for money, to use the old expression. The room was perfect for my short business trip, had all the lights needed to work in the room, a good working desk, WiFi access, etc. But there was one huge problem and one minor irritant. My room was infested with some kind of centipede looking bug of various lengths. I found one or two when I first arrived in my room. This can happen, so I killed them and didn't think much of it. But when I got up in the middle of the night, there were many more of them crawling around the bathroom, the bedroom floor and on the other bed. I killed twelve more before I stopped counting. I didn't want to change rooms at that hour, and they were not bed bugs, so I just carefully inspected my bed for any, killed one more, and attempted to go back to sleep. When I complained at check out, the desk clerk instead of just apologizing said this happens during the heat of summer! Not acceptable, if more bugs are expected during that season have housekeeping check the rooms while cleaning them, call the exterminator more often, just don't tell your guests that's life. Fortunately the manager joined our discussion, apologized appropriately, and made adjustments in my bill which showed that at least she took the problem seriously. I had offered to take her up to my room and show her some of the dead ones I had left on the floor.
After this, a minor quibble. The breakfast as a whole is among the better hotel offerings. But if you like coffee use the coffee maker in your room. The coffee in the breakfast area is undrinkable thick mud. Even after I diluted my cup with hot water and added extra sugar, it was barely drinkable. Not a deal breaker like the infestation, but still worth warning future guests.

Room Tip: Sleep Quality and Cleanliness ratings are based on my experience described above. Another person in...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Middlesex, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

Stayed here overnight July 1, 2013... Good solid hotel. We don't tend to hang out in our hotel so we are not looking for a place to just do that. We tend to get out and about. Having said that, down there for the 150th of Gettysburg. Its 8 miles from the battlefield. Easy to get to, Room was cleaned and bed was comfy.. Hotel staff couldn't have been more professional and friendly. Breakfast was the best of all of hotels in the Choice chain we have stayed at. Will be using this hotel more as its just a great place to stay.. JIM

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

Disappointed. Lobby/eating area in need of big updates & could use a good cleaning. Room was very large with some nice updates. Bathroom was small. Our room had a VERY STRONG odor of paint - causing us to leave. Front desk staff was VERY friendly and accommodating . Great staff, fair hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emmitsburg
The Lodges at Gettysburg
Comfort Suites Gettysburg
Comfort Suites Gettysburg
#7 of 27 in Gettysburg
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,456 reviews

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Emmitsburg? Share your experiences!