“Pleasant Surpise”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Emmitsburg
New Jersey
“Pleasant Surpise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed for one night while at an event in Fairfield, PA. I normally wouldn't take the time to write up a mid-priced chain hotel, but I think this Sleep Inn is (surprisingly) a cut above. The gentleman who checked me in was efficient, helpful, and friendly The room was significantly better than the typical budget motel. Beds were very comfortable with high end linens. The decor was frankly nicer than some Hiltons I've stayed at recently, with a large-screen TV, comfortable writing desk, and a lounge chair. The bathroom, while basic, was very clean and reasonably well kitted out. Overall, it felt more like a boutique hotel than a chain.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank njtraveller99

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

I and my girlfriend checked in on the 6th of September. We had a wedding for the next day. The room was small though neat. Small bath cubicle. They had complimentary breakfast. It's located in a sleepy town and we had to drive 40 minutes to Frederick to hang out.
It's also a bit pricey; $128 for a night. If I am in Emmitsburg agsin, would stay there cos I think that's the best one can get around there.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

This place is a bit out of the way, but oh my is it worth it. Beds are so comfortable, rooms are clean and staff is nice and friendly. Indoor swimming pool too. Even a little safe in room. Small refrigerator too. Free breakfast included waffles, cereals, eggs, sausage, toast, yogurt, fresh fruit and bagels. Close to fast food and gas. Stayed 2 nights and was very pleased

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
New Kent, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

I don't care how many non-smoking rooms hotels have, you still get a whiff a stale smoke in the room. Not here! Room was clean, quiet, and has a courteous staff. That's all I ask for. Breakfast was OK.

Room Tip: We had a king suite, plenty of room, Had carry-out dinner from Carleo's. Very tasty.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed here about 2 years ago and the staff was Great. The rooms are nice too. I have used the pool about 5 times as I am usually very tired. I enjoy this Sleep inn, and have stayed here 20 + times. I have talked with my wife about coming downwiththechildren and going to the Zoo a few miles south, we'll see.

• Stayed September 2013
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

We were attending a baseball tournament at Mount St. Mary and had originally requested a room with two double beds and a rollaway bed (we have 2 large teenage boys) but were told that the hotel only had a King room available with a rollaway, but that if a double opened up, we would get it. Happily, there was a note in our reservation and that was the case when we checked in! The room was small but very clean and attractive. Our boys complained about the bathroom being very small. Nice full breakfast in the morning. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Greenfield, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

On a recent visit to Gettysburg our regular hotel didn't have a vacancy, so we tried this hotel. I was very pleasantly surprised by what we found. The room was very clean, quiet, the a/c was good, and the cost was acceptable. Breakfast was very good. The best part of the stay was the front desk staff - efficient, helpful, and very friendly. Recommend you try it!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emmitsburg
The Lodges at Gettysburg
Comfort Suites Gettysburg
Comfort Suites Gettysburg
#7 of 27 in Gettysburg
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,467 reviews

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Emmitsburg? Share your experiences!