“Great Customer Service!”

Sleep Inn & Suites Emmitsburg
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Emmitsburg
Reviewed 13 August 2009

Loved this hotel and the front desk is extremely friendly and accomodating. I had to change rooms due to being allergic to smoke and the front desk girl brought the keys up to me so I wouldnt have to lug my stuff back down to the desk. They have a nice sized pool that wasnt overrun with kids and the whole place is nice and quiet. Breakfast was very good and had great pastries! Yum. Will definitely stay here again if we are ever in the area.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn & Suites Emmitsburg

Reviewed 10 August 2009

We visited Emittsburg to see the St. Elizabeth Ann Seton shrine and the Grotto at Mt. St. Mairy's (beautiful!!). The room was VERY roomy... enough for an air mattress on the floor for our youngest. The only odd feature about this hotel is the pocket door for the shower/toilet. The sink is outside of the bathroom - which is very roomy - but it makes the shower/bathroom small. Also, we had a shower stall which is not very child friendly for little ones. Other than that, the price was right for a family of 5 and we had plenty of room. The breakfast in the am is really minimal - nothing great - but it's just something to get your day started. Also, there was a really good pizza place in the shopping center across the street. We would definitely stay there again. My husband and girls went in the pool and said it was very warm. Not overly fancy, but sufficient. We read from other travelers that they do allow pets on one of the floors, so be sure to request a pet free floor when making a reservation.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Sleep Inn in Emmitsburg, MD for two nights. We selected this place because it was close to the St. Elizabeth Seton Shrine (less than a 10 minute drive). It is a little out of town so it's very quiet. Plenty of free parking. It was absolutely immaculate and looks fairly new. The clerk at the desk said it had won awards for quality several times the past few years and it was about 8 years old. Check in process and check out process very prompt and professional. Everyone was very friendly there. Our room was comfortable, not overly large, we had a king bed, but room to move around. The lights are different, it takes a while for them to come on fully so things are a little dark for a few moments. The bathroom had a large shower (I am thinking all rooms have showers only, not sure). Everything was absolutely spotless. The furniture looked well kept and new. We used the laundry and that was spotless as well. This was the cleanest place we had ever stayed in. The location was only minutes from town. The only complaint I have is I feel it is just too expensive. Maybe it costs a lot because it is only 10 miles from Gettysburg, PA which is quite a tourist stop or because there is a college (Mt. St. Mary's) in town. We got a discount rate because of Shrine activities which was still $104 per night; I think that is still very high for a rural, small town area. I would think $60-$75 would have been a more reasonable range. Regular cost is over $125 per night which is ridiculous. One can stay much cheaper in Frederick, MD but that is several miles away and we wanted to be close to the Shrine. They offer a continental breakfast which can save you some money there--offerings are fruit, cereal, bagels, pastries, juices, instant oatmeal and the like. We took advantage of the breakfast both days so we saved on something there. If you want a immacualte, clean, quiet place with good service, I highly recommend it. But if you want to save money, go elsewhere. This place just costs too much for the area to make it a frequent stop for us.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2009

Just got back from a night at the Sleep Inn & Suites in Emmitsburg. Clean, comfortable room with two double beds. Our granddaughter (2) loved the indoor pool. We had one minor problem with the sink stopping up in our room, but Heather at the front desk was right on it and we had no more problems.

This hotel has a great location, right off Route 15 at Rout 140, very convenient to "The Mount" and Gettysburg. It's also great that there is a gas station right there and a McDonald's. Overall, a great place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2009

stayed for one night with a large block of rooms for a wedding. Staff were very friendly, and rooms clean and reasonable. Would reccommend for anyone in the area. Only complaint is that it is hard to find the first time, not easy to see the signs

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2009

I was in Westminster on business and this was the only place that was not booked solid. I can't even begin to tell you how refreshing it was to come into this place, be greeted warmly by the staff, and to be accomodated in the manner above what I had been asking. The room was very clean, very nice. The bed was comfy, the bathroom had a glass shower with a refreshing spray. A/C wasn't too noisy(but I like white noise anyway, so this never bothers me) I never heard a single SOUND from the hall or adjacent rooms the entire time I was there. I don't like a lot of noise, so this suited me fine. There's a McDonald's down the road and a small shopping center across the street which includes a supermarket, a Subways, and a chinese restaurant. There's a pizza hut down main street(it's a eat-in/take out restaurant) so food was no problem while I was there. There's only one microwave(I think) and it's in the eating area just off the lobby. I would have liked to see one in the vending area, but I guess there was no room for it. I really was sad to leave after my weekend and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again because it was really nice. One note: My tv didn't have anywhere to plug in a portable DVD player, so that was kinda inconvenient. I also saw that you had to pay to use the internet, so that was kind of lame. I didn't bring my laptop, so I am not sure if there was wi-fi in the room or it had to be paid, so I can't really comment. The paying internet I saw was right by the elevator and it had a little credit card/currency slot by it in order for you to use the internet. Refrigerator was nice, safe was in mirrored closet, nice comfortable chair and ottoman. It rained horribly the entire weekend I was there, but the room was so nice I didn't mind being stuck indoors. The area was safe enough. Just a lot of farms out there, but overall everything was very peaceful.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2008

We were very pleased to find that they had been able to accomodate our request for 3 rooms together. All rooms were as requested with king size beds. Nicely decorated. Staff on the front desk were very helpful. Even providing a menu for a restaurant that would delivery as we didn't feel like going out. Used the breakfast room for our dinner. Pool is a nice size and a good temperature. Free breakfast was usual Choice menu but everything was fresh and fully stocked.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emmitsburg
Wyndham Gettysburg
Quality Inn Gettysburg Battlefield
Best Western Gettysburg
Best Western Gettysburg
#1 of 28 in Gettysburg

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Emmitsburg? Share your experiences!