“Good crabs....everything else....meh.”

Rube's Crab Shack
Ranked #6 of 14 Restaurants in Emmitsburg
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This place just opened about two or three weeks ago. There is also a Rube's restaurant with the same owners in Thurmont, MD.
Fairfield, Pennsylvania
“Good crabs....everything else....meh.”
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I am taking forever to write this review, as we ate here last summer. We went to this restaurant once to get crabs only to find out that they had run out of crabs, so we left as nothing on the menu appealed to us. At that time we had even made a reservation. We came back another time and were able to get the steamed crabs, but there were other things on the menu that my husband, a non-crab eather (gasp!) tried to order but were not available. The steamed crabs were excellent...better than the other local crab joint. They came out nice and fresh and hot each time. The service was mediocre at best. The salad bar left a lot to be desired, as did the general menu. I would go back for the crabs but wouldn't make it a point to go there for anything else.

• Visited July 2012

frederick
“Excellent!! Don't listen to any bad reviews!”
Reviewed 12 April 2013 via mobile

I ordered all you can eat crabs from this place tonight and it is by far the best seafood restraunt in the area. Great food and service. Everyone is so friendly! Loved it!! I will go back again and again!

• Visited April 2013
Fairfield, Pennsylvania
“Great Seafood & Cheap Beer”
Reviewed 1 March 2013

The shrimp and crabs are delicious.. Beer is less than $3 which is great for me. My son and wife loved it also. Waitress was super friendly. Good customer service overall..

• Visited February 2013
Thurmont, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Owner Was RUDE!”
Reviewed 14 January 2013

Rubes Crab shack, absolutely disgusting. Horrible service. When we walked in the owner rolled her eyes, threw the menus on our table. She was very rude while we were ordering our meals, she kept checking the clock. The crab cakes taste moldy, the cream of crab soup tasted like tuna fish. My cup had lipstick on it!! It was gross, my wife ordered a steak it was average. The floor was filthy. The bartenders were cussing behind the bar the whole time in front of my two year old, so if you have children dont bring them!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Billy B
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Not Worth Your Money”
Reviewed 12 January 2013

I would not go back here or recommend this place to anyone. We stopped in here because we saw two good reviews on Yelp and thought it would be worth trying. First, everything we tried to order wasn't available, which should have been a sign. No crab cakes, the sides we tried ordering weren't available. We finally decided to order soft shell crabs ($15) and a pound of steamed shrimp ($17). When the food arrived I was first surprised that the soft shell crab plate had a very small amount of the crab - it was mostly filled with fries. The real problem came when I realized that they don't de-vein their shrimp. I would have thought for $17 for an entree of shrimp they would have been prepared to eat. I asked to have them taken back or taken off the bill, because I couldn't dig through all of them to clean them too. They absolutely refused to do anything for us, made us pay the bill and really it was a total rip off. Very rude, very poor service and the food wasn't good either. Also, we realized after we left that they didn't even bring us everything we ordered.

• Visited January 2013