“Pizza Johns visit a must for every Baltimore visit.”
Review of Pizza John's

Pizza John's
Ranked #1 of 64 Restaurants in Essex
Cuisines: Pizza
Lusby, Maryland
“Pizza Johns visit a must for every Baltimore visit.”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

First thing i love about Pizza John's is the smell of the place as soon as your neter the restaurant. The aroma is to die for. I always get a cheesesteak, which I mostly enjoy. My last visit was a bit off as the cheesesteak I got was pretty greasy. That was one quality that enjoyed from Pizza Johns. The pizza that my dad ordered looked a bit overcooked. But it was still good. I also like the sauteed onions they use for the subs.

• Visited August 2013

Joppa, Maryland
“Best Pizza Hands Down!!!”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Pizza Johns in Essex has the best pizza around. We are never disappointed and we always have great service. Weekends are very crowded but it doesn't take long to be seated.

• Visited May 2013
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Not worth the travel”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I have been hearing a lot about this place and as a lover of new York style pizza, I was really excited to finally come to Pizza Johns. The dinning experience was not bad, the restaurant was well maintained and the atmosphere was very bright and pleasant. I ordered a large peperoni, crab cakes and fries (I bought a friend in for this evolution). First let's talk about the pizza. It in my opinion was a standard pie. The cheese lacked that flavor that stands out. The sauce was very good, but again the peperoni lacked flavor that makes you want to steal one from another slice. In my opinion, it may be more hype then actual wonderfulness in this pie. The crabcakes made me ashamed to be a Marylander... Really... A fried ball of filler... C'mon, if I was not with a lady, they would have gone back. It was a glorified hush puppy... I will stick to the couple of pizza places that I know for outstanding pies, this was not one.

• Visited July 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Best Pizza in Maryland”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Pizza Johns has THE best pizza in Maryland. Hands down. We live an hour away but whenever we have a chance to go to the east side of Baltimore, we go there, just so we can stop at Pizza Johns!! All of their food is good, great subs, service is quick and efficient. Everyone needs to go to Pizza Johns at least once in their life to try that pizza....

Visited June 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Every slide a meal!”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

A colleague had been raving about this place in anticipation of my trip so my expectations were HIGH. PJ didn't not disappoint; my 12" selection with meat sauce was outstanding! Counter service was pleasant, place was clean...food was not fast but perfection rarely is! Crust was not the bread-fest that so many are...held up nicely to the weight of the topping. Reasonably priced--I will absolutely come back here again...the legend is correct!

• Visited May 2013