“Good quality room, slow check-in, the casino atmosphere overwhelms the beautiful setting.”

Rocky Gap Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Flintstone
Oakland, California
Reviewed 2 December 2013

If you ask for a lake view, try to ascertain whether or not you also have a view of the air/heating ducts, etc. on the roof level between you and the lake. Although the weather was stupendous in early October, the kayaks were stored for the season and unavailable. The mountain bike rental was nice; I found the trail around the lake too stoney and difficult for myself, but enjoyed a ride down the road by a scenic small church, and the sites used for weddings. We were here for a family wedding, and really enjoyed this lovely area. The buffet breakfast was good, and reasonably priced. Lots of choices, and eggs cooked to order while you wait.

Room Tip: Try not to have a view of the a/c when you ask for a lakeside view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
Altoona, PA
Reviewed 2 December 2013

My wife and I stayed at Rockygap Casino & Resort for 1 comped night. Room was okay with a comfortable bed, but the pillows are lacking in comfort. Room service menu looked better than restaurant menus. Staff was very nice and the massages were quite nice. Will return.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hempfield, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 1 December 2013

My husband and I travelled to Rockygap Casino & Resort, Nov 29 thru Dec 1. We had a great time. The room was very nice, bed comfortable, very clean. Every person we encountered, from employees to fellow guests, were all friendly, helpful & engaging. We even found a quicker way home @ checkout. BONUS. We had room service for breakfast, it was good. we had room service for dinner. We had crabcakes, best I ever had, and I have had many, I even make them from scratch myself, but Rockgaps was a 10. With dinner we also had French onion soup-excellent. Since it was cold we did not go out much to explore, but the view of the property is beautiful. We would like to return when it is warmer. The casino was fun, but take your money, as with any casino. Over all we had a great time, and all employees were approachable, helpful and most of all happy that we were choosing them for our vacationing.

1 Thank Debra W
Ellicott City, Maryland
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This was my first trip to Rocky Gap. As of 430 PM we were still waiting for our room. They had been telling us for 45 minutes that it needed to be checked by the housekeeping supervisor but it had not been cleaned afterall. We complained and they did give us some free money and two buffet dinners as a comp The buffet was not very good at all. We did however enjoy our room, when we finally got in it. We did have a problem with a roulette dealer moving our chips and not wanting to pay us properly. He made several mistakes when he paid my husband. The other restaurant was very good. We did walk away winners and we would go back.

Room Tip: We had a nice room overlooking the lake
Madison Heights, Virginia
Reviewed 23 November 2013

This was my fourth time visiting the resort. I enjoy the atmosphere and the friendliness of the staff. I had some luck this time at the slots. I did miss some of the slot machines that I like to play,they have been replaced with new ones, some I like and some I don't . I will recommend anyone to visit I enjoy the drive up the mountain.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Girlonthego027
blair county pa
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This was our first trip to Rocky Gap. The location was easy to find, the staff was great and the food was good, The only negative was the beds...not very comfortable. The view of the lake from our room was breath taking. I'm sure it is beautiful in the fall. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The lakeview was gorgeous.
Maryland
Reviewed 19 November 2013

The resort is gorgeous. Our room overlooked the lake. Comfy bed, large room with fridge, nice bathroom. Easy place to get to- right off 68. We ate at Lakeside Buffet for dinner and breakfast. large buffet with a lot of choices, reasonably priced. Love the casino. It's small, but everyone is so friendly. Had a blast at the roulette table until 2am. Nice walk around the lake. A refreshing breezy change from Atlantic City Hotels.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flintstone
Sleep Inn & Suites Cumberland
Cacapon Resort State Park
Cacapon Resort State Park
#3 of 4 in Berkeley Springs
Holiday Inn Express & Suites La Vale - Cumberland

Been to Rocky Gap Casino Resort? Share your experiences!