“Weekend getaway” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Flintstone
Baltimore, Maryland
“Weekend getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Had a nice time at Rocky Gap this weekend , amazing views from hotel room, staff was very nice, valet parking , casino was small but nice. Hotel did not have free breakfast nor discounted coupons for meals was the only let down. The grounds were nice , wonderful views of the mountains. LB grill and bar was vice reasonable and good food.

Room Tip: I had a 3rd floor room with amazing views of the mountains
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
KimberlyR492, Executive Marketing Assistant at Rocky Gap Casino Resort, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! In the future, as the property grows, we would like to start offering Food & Beverage promotions. Thank you so much for your feedback and kind words. Hope you visit us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (471)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Took my husband for his Birthday (12-27-12-30-2013) for weekend trip brought on Living Social. We had a nice time. The hotel was spacious and clean with amazing views of mountains, water and property. The casino was small but nice for its size for this hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: I had a 3rd floor room , it was on the golf side of the hotel. the rooms were clean , spacious , a l...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your complimentary review on our resort and staff! Happy belated birthday to your husband and we hope you visit us again soon!
PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

I previously reviewed Rocky Gap Resort this past summer. I recently stayed for my first overnight visit and the experience was highly disappointing.

PROS
I received a coupon on the mail for a free night of lodging, my cost was zero for the room
The staff are al top notch and friendly

CONS
Rocky Gap continues to advertise its spa as "luxurious"... however, it is far from it. There is no locker area to change and the spa rooms are just little partitioned rooms, almost like cubicles. The services are ok and the people are nice. However, if Rocky Gap wants to use the additive "luxurious"to describe their spa, They should follow through with the experience (hint hint, look up RT 220 to Bedford Springs if you want to see a luxurious spa experience

As many other have complained about, there is ZERO hot water in the mornings after 730am. If you want a hot, or even a warm shower, you better be up early.

GAMING EXPERIENCE
I'll keep this short..... Rocky Gap is a joke for a casino. I play roulette, my wife plays slots. I have NEVER experienced as slow of a table experience than I did at my last visit to Rocky Gap. Our table (mind you the ONLY roulette table) was packed with 9 people playing on it. However, we only had one dealer.... I asked the pit supervisors multiple times why they wouldn't put two dealers at our table (one to sort chips) and never received a response. We were waiting between 5-10 minutes in between spins due to the slowness of the dealer and how busy the table was. (Before a spin, the dealer had to clear the table, pay out and then sort all of the chips that were brought in). The slowness wasn't entirely the dealer's fault, but it makes no sense to not have a helper on a busy table like that.

Went down to the roulette table the following morning to play some before I left. There were 3 people at the table, everyone having a good time. The table was a $5 minimum at 8am when I started to play and at 8:15am the supervisor announced the table limit would be raised to $10 in 30 minutes. Really? raising the table limit at 8:45am with only 3 people playing??? Total amateur hour move.

OVERALL
Overall, I am done with Rocky Gap. They can send me all of the free night vouchers they want, its still not worth it to me. I'll drive an extra hour to give my business to the Seneca Allegheny Casino in NY for a MUCH better experience top to bottom.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LetsGetCritical
I am so sorry that you had such a negative experience at Rocky Gap. I have spoken to our Director of Marketing, Wanda Holtschneider and she would very much like to speak with you. Please contact her at 301.784.8473 or wholtschneider@rockygapcasino.com.
Thank you.
Everett, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

I thought it would be nice to take a little trip for two on Christmas Day to Rocky Gap. I booked a suite online and took my wife for a little get away. Upon check-in we were met the absolute rudest, most arrogant person at the front desk. I honestly don't know how this guy got a job in customer service at all! He questioned me about my reservation, how I made it, what credit card I used etc. I asked to speak with a manager but he said he was the manager. Are you kidding me?!

Finally, after I was completely ticked off we got our room keys and signed up for their rewards program. The room itself was nice. It was very clean, large, and comfortable with amazing views of the property.

Thankfully, the rest of the staff I encountered during our stay was NOTHING like those at the front desk. They were nice and exceptionally courteous.

There are ALOT of things Rocky Gap could do to improve the place and probably draw more people but it's pretty clear that the ONLY thing they care about is the casino and getting your money in their machines....kind of sad for a place that is so nice and has so much more to offer than gambling.

All in all, it was a below average experience and was far below my expectations for the place....if your looking for strictly a casino to throw your money away then this is it. If you want or expect anything more than that, you will probably be disappointed.

Room Tip: Rooms with a Lake View offer AMAZING scenery and have balconies. Avoid the fifth floor, it has plumb...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Matthew G
I am sorry that your visit with us fell short of your expectations. During the winter months, unfortunately, our golf course is not open and our outdoor activities are not running. In season activities include kayaking, bike rentals, and canoe rentals as well as our hiking trails. We have also recently added an Event Center where we plan to host concerts and other live entertainment. In fact, our new Bonkers Comedy Club is starting this month. So, I do hope you will give us another chance.
Also, I do apologize for the lack of hospitality you encountered at the front desk and I will share your comments with our Director of Marketing & Front Desk Manager.
Thank you for your feedback!
Waldorf, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

We went her for a last minute getaway. It is an older resort however it is well maintained. The casino was bigger then expected but they only have one 3 card poker table. If you go on a Tuesday the signature bar has $.50 wing that are made to order, so they are good and hot. They also have $2 draft beers.

Room Tip: try to get a room on the Lake side.
1 Thank Salicia B
Glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Thanks for the feedback and hope to see you again soon!
Altoona, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

We never stayed here before it became a casino, but decided to try it shortly after it opened last spring. Despite some "growing pains" on our first visit (construction still underway, staff inexperienced, etc.) we enjoyed our stay. We have been back 3 times since! It is only about 90 minutes from home (and our closest casino), is in a beautiful setting, and as non-smokers, the no smoking policy is greatly appreciated. We only play the slots, but they have a nice assortment of table games and a small poker room. Looking forward to trying out the beautiful golf course, which offers discounts to their players club members.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your kind words! I am glad you have continued to visit us and see the growth over the past six months! I am sure our Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course will exceed your expectations....see you soon!
Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

We took advantage of the promotion that gave you a room for $99 and then got $99 in slot play as a gift for my mother. Three of us took 2 rooms in December. The views from the property are marvelous, the rooms comfortable and staff friendly. The casino although small is friendly and fun.
The only disappointment was the lack of non-gaming activities available in the cold weather.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bob F
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We are working on providing additional activities during the colder months. We've just opened our new Event Center and hope to host concerts & other live activities for our guests. In fact, this month we are launching our new Bonkers Comedy Club! We hope to see you again soon and thank you for your feedback!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flintstone
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cumberland
Cacapon Resort State Park
Cacapon Resort State Park
#3 of 4 in Berkeley Springs
The Country Inn of Berkeley Springs
The Country Inn of Berkeley Spri...
#1 of 4 in Berkeley Springs
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 5 in LaVale

Been to Rocky Gap Casino Resort? Share your experiences!