“FREE NIGHT”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Flintstone
Saint Clairsville, Ohio
“FREE NIGHT”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My friend rec'd 2 free nights. We stayed one night. I loved it there. The bed was super comfortable. The shower head was quite high on the wall. The food-wings, flatbread and crab cake were ok.
My friend won 5000.00.When she went to cash it the one cashier told her she couldn't cash it which didn't make sense and the next person said she could. I frequent my local casino which has 2800 machines but enjoyed Rocky Gap so much more. It was quite clean.
I suggest where the DJ/Band sits to remove the 6 or 8 machines in front and install a dance floor.
I plan on going back when the weather is nice.
It seems like they should have another elevator. The walk was quite long from the room. I alreadt told friends to travel there.

Room Tip: I had a room with 2 queen beds and everything was fine.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank 634Rosebud
KimberlyR492, Executive Marketing Assistant at Rocky Gap Casino Resort, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback! I will be happy to pass it on to upper management, as we are always looking for ways to improve our services and guest experience. I am glad you enjoyed your time at Rocky Gap and hope you visit us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
Midlothian, Virginia
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed at Rocky Gap this past weekend. This was our first trip to Rocky Gap and to be honest we probably would not have gone if it were not for the free weekend offer we received.

The property is very attractive, sitting on a small lake in the mountains, with the golf course adjacent to the hotel. We had a lake view room which was nice. Room was clean and comfortable. You can tell the property is older, but everything was in working order and looked to be nicely maintained. They are upgrading parts of the property, but we were never impacted by any construction work.

The casino floor was very clean. I really did not notice any dirty cups by the machines or around any of the bars. The staff did an excellent job of keeping everything neat. It is totally non-smoking, which was nice, and I'm a smoker. I actual prefer the non-smoking casino and hotel.

I did not have much luck on the slot machines, but my wife did on Saturday. We did spend quite a bit of time on the tables and we had a good time playing. Not many tables, but we never had an issue getting on them with the exception of Friday night. The casino is too small to add more at this time, but it really was not an issue.

Drinks in the casino were not free due to Maryland law, but, really was not a big deal as beer was reasonable. The first night we were there they were running a special and selling draft beer for 1 dollar. After that they were 3, 4 for bottles. Not too bad.

As far as the food selection, they have many options. We mainly grabbed meals from the bar areas so I really can't speak to the restaurants. What we had was good for the price. If we go back we need to hit the restaurants.

All in all, we had a good weekend getaway. I would like to go back sometime, maybe in the fall. One thing, I checked on the rates with no promo, I doubt I would pay what I was quoted online to go, but we will see. I rated the value based on what I was quoted online after we left, not on my trip..

Room Tip: we had a room on the 5th floor, at the end of the hall towards the beach area, very quite and great...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NatsFan562
Thank you for kind words. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Fall is a lovely time to visit - the leaves changing make for a beautiful view! I hope you will visit again soon.
ohio
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I don't wright reviews that often but I need to tell every one about this hotel, first of all the rooms are ok, THE BEDS are awful they make so much noise when you move like haven't replaced the beds since 1974 we were in room 633 nice view of lake and the one window opens I liked that have a little breeze in room, the carpet was torn and by the door it was coming up off the floor. We only went because they gave us free 2 night stay, we like to gamble we said what the heck 4 hrs in rain but we made the trip, the casino was a joke we sure didn't do good at all we didn't see anyone win big, maybe if you gulf you will have fun the lake is nice to fish on. And they do have a camp grounds. But seriously they need to replace the beds in that room, they just squeaked every time you moved, the restaurants were ok nothing to brag about. Next time if we ever go back I'm checking the beds out first, before unpacking I would suggest everyone do that. No way it's worth $200 a night. That's what they are asking in the summer no way maybe $75 Ok hope that helps out. Till next time

Room Tip: Check out the beds first horrible !!!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tas50
KimberlyR492, Executive Marketing Assistant at Rocky Gap Casino Resort, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback; I will pass your comments about the bedding on to upper management. We are constantly improving our resort. Last year, we placed new furnishing and carpet in many of our rooms and will continue to update and improve our guest rooms. Our casino is not intended to have a large "Atlantic City" atmosphere, but rather an intimate getaway; however, we do offer over 500 slot machines and 10 table games. Our golf course is well manicured and offers a fun afternoon, as do our outdoor boat & bike rentals. I do hope that you will visit again to see all the improvements that we continue to make and take advantage of all we have to offer.
Fayetteville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This is a wonderful place to visit. The service is excellent, the food is very good, beds are so comfortable. Everyone treats you like you are special and they love having you there. I love the size of the casino and always look forward to returning.

Room Tip: If you want a good view of the lake do not stay on the first floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank PUmbrell
I am extremely pleased to hear that you enjoy your visits with us so much! Thank you for being a loyal patron and we hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

This resort, casino and spa is located in/on Rocky Gap with an amazing landscape and beautiful views. We stayed at the hotel for one night. The rooms are nice but need a bit of maintenance. The pillows and water pressure could use a fix. The casino is the perfect size and smoke free! I'm not a golfer but this resort boasts the only Jack Nicholson course in Maryland.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Advisor0821
Thank you for your feedback! I do hope you will visit us again as we continue to renovate and improve our resort!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Took a weekend trip to Rocky Gap with my wife.Check in was quick and friendly. Everyone on staff was upbeat and caring. Mini sweet was well appointed and super roomy to relax with a great view.dined at the buffet and signature grill and found the food fresh tasty! Didn't like the mini cut desserts on the buffet as they cheapen the overall experience after a great Buffett. foods lightly seasoned and not salt. Ribs were tender and sweet. The casino was lively and friendly including the slots. Toured cumberland city with great history. Will return again in the summer to see the warmer summer offerings.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 286lend
KimberlyR492, Executive Marketing Assistant at Rocky Gap Casino Resort, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for the review. I am glad you had a good experience at Rocky Gap! Please do visit again during the warmer months to take advantage of all of our outdoor activities!
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Wonderful scenery, clean comfortable rooms and fun casino. Several great places to eat. Nice perks for joining the rewards program if you are a frequent visitor. Friendly staff, and great customer service.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank milady01
Thank you for your kind words! I hope you will visit us again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flintstone
Sleep Inn & Suites Cumberland
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cumberland
Ramada Cumberland Downtown
Ramada Cumberland Downtown
#3 of 4 in Cumberland
Best Western Braddock Inn
The Country Inn of Berkeley Springs
The Country Inn of Berkeley Spri...
#1 of 4 in Berkeley Springs
Gunter Hotel
Gunter Hotel
#2 of 6 in Frostburg

Been to Rocky Gap Casino Resort? Share your experiences!