“Great Getaway at Rocky Gap”

Rocky Gap Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Flintstone
Clinton, Maryland
“Great Getaway at Rocky Gap”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Rocky Gap Resort and Casino is a lovely place to getaway for a short weekend or a long vacation. I enjoyed the nature scenery, food, drinks. The atmosphere was very welcoming as well as the wonderful staff.

Room Tip: Choose lakeside for a beautiful view
1 Thank Kimberly D
KimberlyR492, Executive Marketing Assistant at Rocky Gap Casino Resort, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback! I am glad you enjoyed your time with us. Come back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
Baltimore
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

I noticed that there was a groupon for Rocky Gap however they did not have dates available. I went to the website and saw that the price was reasonable so I decided to book a trip anyway minus the groupon.
The scenery at the resort was absolutely breathtaking, the pictures you see don't even do justice to what you will actually see. There are panoramic views of the mountains and the lake from every section of the resort.
Check in was fast and friendly. The front desk staff was very welcoming. The guy who brought our bags to our room was exceptionally friendly. He explained the entire resort and all of it's amenities to us. We ate at the sports bar which had typical bar food, we ate pizza and wings which were both very good. Our waitress was very friendly there as well. No matter where you walked you were greeted with a smile by the resort staff.
We are at the breakfast buffet, the food was great there, very fresh and plenty of everything. Note* brunch starts at 11 and it's only about $5 more
It was so peaceful at this time we felt like we were the only people there, the resort was fairly empty at least we thought. When we went in the casino we realized that's where everybody was hiding. The casino is fairly small but has everything you need. I personally play table games while my grandmother likes the slots, it was good enough to satisfy both our needs. The only negative was the heat, at some points it didn't seem like the heat worked and/or cut off and it was freezing in the room.
There is not much else to it, it's a place to go, relax and thoroughly enjoy yourself

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Leish918
KimberlyR492, Executive Marketing Assistant at Rocky Gap Casino Resort, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for the lovely review! I am so glad you and your grandmother enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope you will visit again!
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I just needed a place to stay for the night. No need for casino. Staff friendly & helpful, room clean. Chose lake or golf view option. Was told no lake available. Ended up overlooking LARGE generator & construction. See attached pictures. Had to wonder if it was because it booked through Groupon. Was told they couldn't change King to 2 queens to get lake view even if they had it. It would have to be King for a King. I'm guessing High Rollers get lake front. Nice grounds and views once outside. I just feel that I drove 4 hours for a better view no matter what the room view was advertized as. Pool/jacuzzi nice. Price for a Thursday night $130.

Room Tip: Call and ask availability of lakeview before booking (if that's what you want). Get persons name...
3 Thank Sherry M
Thank you for your feedback. I hope you will return when you can stay longer and enjoy all our resort has to offer!
Cumberland, Maryland
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Very comfortable rooms with lots of amenities--excellent buffet--fun casino and comfortable atmosphere--the music was way too loud for my liking--great cocktail service on casino floor--quick response for needed items in the room--would stay again

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
KimberlyR492, Executive Marketing Assistant at Rocky Gap Casino Resort, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback! Glad you enjoyed your stay!
Altoona, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Small cozy casino. Only an hour from casino less Central PA. Has Golf course on property and a small beach on the lake. Professional Comedy Club. Free soda and coffee. Beer & Liquor in the the $4-$6 range. Will return and probably stay for weekend . Liked what I seen. Smokeless casino. Smallest Casino I have ever visited, but enough to keep me busy.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope you will visit us again soon!
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stayed here me and my partner beautiful view..rude people...carpet terrible seems like a motel ....If your of color be prepared to be looked at like they never seen someone of color ..lol..SO many racial remarks its terrible ...left messages with upper management no response

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank love544
KimberlyR492, at Rocky Gap Casino Resort, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
First, let me profusely apologize. It is inexcusable for anyone to feel unwelcome at our Resort. We take allegations of racism very seriously and would like to know more about your experience. I have contacted my boss, our Director of Marketing - Wanda Holtschneider. She would very much like to speak to you. She will be back in the office Monday, April 21st at 8 am. Please call her directly at 301.784.8473 or email to wholtschneider@rockygapcasino.com.
Again, I apologize for this incident and hope you will contact us, so we can make things right.
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I enjoyed my first visit to Rocky Gap. The slots were awesome friday night! Nice hotel room too! I hope to visit again this summer to try the golf course. My entire visit was stress free and relaxing.

3 Thank mike f
KimberlyR492, Executive Marketing Assistant at Rocky Gap Casino Resort, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you for the review - so glad you enjoyed your time with us!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flintstone
Sleep Inn & Suites Cumberland
Cacapon Resort State Park
Cacapon Resort State Park
#3 of 4 in Berkeley Springs
Holiday Inn Express & Suites La Vale - Cumberland

Been to Rocky Gap Casino Resort? Share your experiences!