Rocky Gap Casino Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
1,301 results
All reviewsstate parklake viewslot machinesboat rentalsoutdoor activitiesbreakfast buffetbar and grillspa serviceswestern marylandpro shopfree slot playnice weekendcrab cakesrocky gap casinonon smokingindoor poolcoffee maker
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My experience was amazing and of course the only complaint I ever have, which I'm sure most do, is that hitting the bonus on machines are so far and few between. I've put over $100 in a machine thinking the bonus just has to hit sooner or later..........neither came........
This though would be my only disappointment, otherwise, you couldn't ask for nicer staff. The rooms are always immaculate but I really must say the staff makes my stay amazing! They go out of their way to please the customer and are always smiling and pleasant!

Room Tip: lakeside view!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank TAMMY Y
KimberlyR492, Executive Marketing Assistant at Rocky Gap Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you for your kind words about our staff! I hope you will visit again soon!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I was expecting better accomodations since most of the reviews were good. Unfortuantely I was not impressed with the room or the casino.

When we arrived we were told no rooms with a lake view on a higher floor were available.
The woman behind thedesk said she would give me one on a lower floor. I reluctatly said yes
yes. WHen we arrived in the room and saw our view was a brown wall, I had to call and complain. I paid extra for a lake view room and felt that is what I should bew getting.
The woman I spoke to a second time was nice and told me she would have a lake front room cleaned and would call me when one was available.
I was a little upset since we had been on the road for about 4 hours and really wanted to relax. We were not anticipating having to wait for a room. It was already close to 5pm and I was appauld that no lake view room was clean.

The room we were later given was great, as far as the view but not impressed at all with the decor.
The casino is really small. It seems that most of the machines are penny machines with a 30-50 cent min. Only a few Quarter machines and only a row of nickel machines.
We ordered room service for Breakfast and ended up paying close to $30 for one omelet, coffee and toast. after a service charge and Taxes. Not really worth it!

I am sad this casino is not what I expected, since I was hoping I could travle here instead of Atlantic city. Unfortunately, I will not be back.

Room Tip: Make sure you demand a lakeview room especially if you paid for one. Don't bother with Room service.
4  Thank candylkemeHerndon
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Been to Rocky gap 5 or 6 times. Great service, fun casino, fun bar with live music, and great hotel. The service was 1st class. They get new slot games all the time. I've recommended the place to several friends. I would also recommend this place to complete strangers.

Room Tip: Sign up for their rewards card and they will send you comp room vouchers on a regular basis
1  Thank Billy M
KimberlyR492, Executive Marketing Assistant at Rocky Gap Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

So glad you enjoyed your time with us! Come back soon!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Rocky Gap was a hidden gem in the mountains of northern Maryland! It boasted the states top rated public golf course! The service was great and the restaurants always wonderful! Then along came gambling! Don't get me wrong, I enjoy gambling! The casino at Rocky Gap is my favorite! When the resort turned into a casino destination poor planning was involved in handling the crowds that would soon show up! I had the unfortunate experience of spending some time there recently! I am handicapped and require an electric chair to get around in. The valet parking experience was a disgrace as it took almost a half hour for the attendants to direct me to the handicap drop off where there was a ramp available for my access needs! Proper planning would have allowed for the entire drop off area to be ramped allowing for total ADA feasibility! Perhaps a parking garage attached to the hotel should have been considered because the parking situation as a whole is poor! Check in was another adventure. The front desk area was never re-designed to handle peak periods of check in. As in previous pre casino days the check in area only allows for three clerks and it is directly within a couple of feet of the entrance! It is a cluster during peak hours and the casino entrance directly across from the front desk and the entrance only adds to the confusion! The current large crowds were not taken into consideration! Another area that was not considered were the elevators. Two elevators are just not enough to handle things! When you enter the elevators you must use your room key to access your floor. This is a great security approach but the process was never explained at check in and almost all of the guests had trouble figuring it out which added to the jam up of only two elevators! Guests were getting angry with each other and tempers were short! Could have been avoided with an explanation at check in! The food and beverage operation, which at one point was stellar, left much to be desired! Again with the crowds drawn by the casino the F&B outlets could not handle the crowds. We were told that reservations were not accepted and each outlet that we tried to dine in had at least a forty-five minute wait for a table! The hotel realized the problem by placing a casual dining area in the lobby which was already suffering from too little room! We ended up with delivery from a local restaurant in Cumberland for our evening meal! Perhaps a trip should be taken to The Rivers Casino or to Mountainere Racetrack to observe their F&B outlets and kitchen facilities to get an idea of how a casino F&B operation should be set up and run! Poor crowd management planning again! Another issue was a poorly supplied room. We only had a single bar of soap and one tube of lotion in the bathroom. The Kleenex box was empty and we had to call for it and shampoo and conditioner. On the bright side it was delivered promptly! We enjoyed our evening in the Casino as we did leave a good amount behind. I don't have a problem with that. I hope that it goes to good use in bringing the hotel in the condition that is needed to handle a casino operation!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank chefagi

Thank you for your feedback. I will be sure to share your ideas with the management team here at Rocky Gap, in hopes of improving our service and guest experience. I do hope you will visit us again in the future as we continue to evolve and improve our property.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

If you like to gamble, this is the place. The rates for the table games are very reasonable. The casino staff goes out of their way to create a relaxed atmosphere even though you are gambling. The drink service is excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that views the lake.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words about our gaming staff! I will be sure to pass them along to our Director of Gaming. Hope you visit us again soon!