“Great resort!”

Rocky Gap Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Flintstone
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

This property is a gem. The rooms are pretty basic but comfortable. Beds were really nice. The casino is small but has a decent selection of games, great affordable table limits and very friendly dealers and staff. The restaurants are inexpensive for a casino property in the northeast. The atmosphere is laid back and relaxing. The scenery is amazing and there is a lot to do besides gamble. I will definitely be going back.

Stayed: July 2014
KimberlyR492, Executive Marketing Assistant at Rocky Gap Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Please visit again soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We went here to celebrate my mom's birthday. The hotel does offer a lot of things to do beside the casino which was nice. However the hotel seemed very dirty and needs lots of upgrades. The power went out at least 10 times and we were only there 1 night. The elevators were down several times, and the alarm went off a couple times. There were doing constructions so we had to park very far from the front doors which isn't that big of a deal. The shower drain didn't drain while showering very well and the shower head itself was awful. No winning at the casino but there are a lot of games.

The pool was nice, though closed a lot because of thunderstorms. The lake activities were nice and the drinks specials at the restaurant was nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback. We are continuing upgrades and renovations on our resort; however, the construction that you experienced on your stay has been completed. I will pass your comments on to management, as we are always looking for ways to improve guest experience. I do hope you will return to Rocky Gap to see how our resort continues to evolve and improve.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

My husband took me to Rocky Gap Resort and Casino for my 40th birthday weekend. All in all, it was a beautiful stay, and a wonderful weekend. We did have some issues, however, beginning with the call he made to book our room. He had initially emailed to check availability of a lakeside room, and was told there were several available. Minutes after receiving the response, he called to make our reservations and was told there were no lakeside rooms available. He booked the "resort view" room....more on that later. He also booked the spa package, because he saw that there was one on the website, and he wanted to get me spa services for a birthday gift. The person he spoke with on the phone gave no indication of him having to book the services separately.
We finally arrive at the hotel on a Friday evening to check in. When checking in we ask the gentleman at the counter about the spa services, and were told to go to the spa to book them. We then ask about the services included in the spa package, and were told that it includes a head, neck and shoulder massage for each guest in the room. That is not what we wanted, so we cancelled the spa package and decided to book services individually. In the hotel’s defense, it is stated on the website what is included in the spa package, but, my husband, being who he is, did not notice.
As soon as we leave the check-in desk, we go to our room to drop off our bags before walking to the spa. Both of our reactions when we first walked into the room was that it was okay, no different than any other hotel room we’ve been in, and certainly not worth the cost. The “resort view” of our room overlooked one of the holes of the golf course, and the parking lot. In the description it says “front entrance” to make it sound better, but it’s the parking lot. Laying on the bed, and looking out the window did hide the lot and afforded us a view of only the golf course. That’s okay though, we weren’t planning on spending a lot of time in the room gazing out the window.
After settling into the room, we perused the spa pamphlet and decided on which services I would be getting. We decided on the 50 minute massage, and the mani/pedi. We go to the spa to make appointments. There are no open appointments for the 50 minute massage, but they did have 25 minutes available. I decided on the facial instead, along with the mani/pedi. We were unable to book services together, so I had to go for my pedicure at 9:00 a.m. and my facial and manicure at 3:30 p.m. Had we been informed at the time of booking that we had to schedule our spa services ourselves, 1) again, not the hotels fault, but my husband would have been aware of what was in the spa packages and would have booked the services that I would have rather had and 2) we wouldn’t have been booking the services so late and I would have been able to get the services that I actually wanted.
That evening we decided to dine at LB’s. The food was good, and the service was great. After dinner we sat out by the lake and enjoyed watching the ducks and just enjoying the beautiful scenery. It was divine.
Saturday morning I went to my pedicure, which was done by a young lady named Danielle. She was a delight, very friendly and did an excellent job. Afterwards we ate an early lunch and rented a canoe, which was a hassle free an enjoyable experience. After our canoe ride, we enjoyed the scenery outside for a bit and then I went for my afternoon spa appointments. Danielle also did my manicure and facial, both of which were incredibly enjoyable. Afterwards I met my husband at LBs for drinks and an early dinner. Again, the food was delicious. Our waiter that night was fabulous. I wish I could remembe his name. The calamari was some of the best I’ve ever had. The crab and four cheese pasta had just a tad too much nutmeg, but was still delicious. The shrimp tacos were good, but could have had just a bit more shrimp salad in them.
After dinner, we headed to the casino an enjoyed a night of gambling. The casino was very nice, not too stuffy, but enjoyable. The staff was friendly and were quick to see to your needs. I enjoyed the drink stations where you could serve yourself complimentary coffee or soda.
Sunday morning we decided to eat at the breakfast buffet. We got there early and didn’t have a wait. The buffet was a bit overpriced, but the food was enjoyable, with a terrific selection and an "eggs your way" bar. When we were seated we were told by the hostess that our server would be there to get our drink order. We waited a couple minutes before getting our food, in hopes that the server would come. They did not. We got our food, and came back to the table, still no server. After a bit, we flagged down another waitress who took our drink order. We finished our first helping and got back up to the buffet, got back, still no server, and our dirty plates were still sitting on the table. Our server never came. We flagged down the hostess as she walked by, and explained what had happened. She said she would get our server for us, and in the meantime she took the dirty plates and refilled our drinks. Our server never did come.
Here we are Monday morning, my skin is still glowing from may facial, my toes never looked better, and my fingernails have been chipping since lunchtime yesterday. Yes, my $30 manicure lasted all of 20 hours.
To sum up this rather long review, we enjoyed the stay at the hotel, mainly because of the atmosphere, the lake, and the casino. It is a beautiful place. However, without a discount or a gift, I don’t know that I would pay the ridiculous room prices (for what you get) to stay at a hotel that didn’t seem concerned with the fact that their guests, who spent a lot of money during their stay, didn’t have proper service. I am disappointed in the fact that my manicure didn’t even last one whole day, while on vacation! It wasn’t like I was scrubbing floors.

Room Tip: I would recommend trying to get a lakeside room, as the view would be spectacular
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hope L
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This place has everything, except a morning breakfast dining room - only thing available for breakfast is a buffet and fast food. Evening dining room overlooking the water was fantastic. Bob was our delightful waiter at the outside restaurant. The lake is very beautiful. The lakeside rooms at the hotel were very large and clean. The resort is very close to I-68 and easily reachable. Scenery all along I-68 is gorgeous.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay! Please visit us again soon!

Reviewed 1 August 2014

The drive to the place is beautiful. The scenery at the resort is breath taking. There are lots of things to do there besides just gambling. Walks, fishing, golf, boating, and just relaxing by the pool or the lake. The view was simply lovely.

Room Tip: Room with a view of the lake.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review - I am so glad you enjoyed your time with us! Please visit us again soon!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Staff is friendly and helpful. Lots to do-fishing, golf, swimming. Adjacent to Rocky Gap National Park for hiking, picnicking. Rooms are spaious and have a refrigerator and microwave. Beautiful views from the rooms. It's even a beautiful drive to get there!

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for your kind words. I am so glad you took the time to appreciate the beauty of our area. Please visit us again soon!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I love Rocky Gap and will keep going back every few months. My perfect mid-week break is to do a day of golf and gambling with an overnight stay at the hotel. The golf course is well kept, challenging and fun with elevation changes and some risky long carries. I'm a craps player and I appreciate the $5 table minimums so I can play quite a while with my bankroll using the 3/4/5x odds. The hotel is fine and the on-site restaurants, buffet and bar are all good quality. For a family, there is a state park beach, swimming pool, boat rentals and hiking trails. Worth a trip!

Room Tip: Ask for (and pay more) for a lake view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

It's good hear you have found a second home here at Rocky Gap! I hope you will continue to visit us and good luck to you at the craps table!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Flintstone
Sleep Inn & Suites Cumberland
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 5 in LaVale
The Country Inn of Berkeley Springs
The Country Inn of Berkeley Spri...
#2 of 4 in Berkeley Springs

Been to Rocky Gap Casino Resort? Share your experiences!