Rocky Gap Casino Resort
US$103
US$130
Hampton.com
1,304 results
All reviewsstate parklake viewslot machinesboat rentalsoutdoor activitiesbreakfast buffetbar and grillspa serviceswestern marylandpro shopfree slot playnice weekendcrab cakesrocky gap casinonon smokingindoor poolcoffee maker
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We went back after a great visit last year and this year was not as good, we checked in and where told that our room was not ready at 3:20pm this was after standing in line for about 15 minutes. I will say the staff did offer everyone water in line. The girl at the desk was very nice and took our cell number down and callled in about 45 minutes. The room was missing the coffee pot which I was told because it was part of a double room. The AC would kick on about every 45 minutes ans make a heck of a bang, I was told the AC's are being replaced. The biggest disapointment was my wife went to blow dry her hair and the hotel dryer caught fire, smoke and flames which we go out, opened the doors and windows and called down stairs. 3 staff came up, 2 stood at the door one changed the dryer and left. Not once did anyone check and see if we where ok, I would have thought the next day maybe but never checked.

The hotel and area is really nice and service staff are friendly, we will be back and I hope it was just a cursed room.

The signature bar is a great place to eat and the food and price is great.

We filled out the survey they send you but since it was negative I guess they do not respond.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rich M
KimberlyR492, Executive Marketing Assistant at Rocky Gap Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you decided to return to Rocky Gap; however, I am sorry that your second visit did not meet your expectations. We are constantly trying to improve guest service at our resort and your review (as well as your guest survey) will be used as a valuable training tool.
Again, I apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us. If you would like to speak to someone about your visit, please feel free to email our Director of Marketing, Wanda Holtschneider, directly at wholtschneider@rockygapcasino.com

Reviewed 19 August 2014

This property has a 4 Diamond rating plaque displayed at the check-in area. They may have earned it in the past, but since gambling became the priority, the rating is no longer deserved. The emphasis is no longer on guests and their comfort, but on the casino aspect of the property. This was my 4th and final stay at Rocky Gap. I've been going there for over 6 years and really felt the lack of customer care this trip, not only in the hotel but in the restaurants as well.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Terri R
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I had a very nice time at Rocky Gap. It is a lovely place with lots to offer; and, the grounds are very nice. A good place to just get away for a day or more! Enjoyed this location very much. (Did not stay in the hotel but did see a room.)

Room Tip: I did not stay in the hotel but did see a room. It was nice.
Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
KimberlyR492, Executive Marketing Assistant at Rocky Gap Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you for your kind words! I do hope you will visit us again soon when you can stay longer!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed at Rocky Gap Casino Resort while attending an event in the area. Virtually all of the staff were friendly, helpful, and unusually knowledgeable. A late dinner with a favorite wine, at a fire-pit table overlooking the lake made our trip an unexpected but enjoyable romantic getaway. The casino is bright and spacious.

Room Tip: We enjoyed a "mountain view" suite that overlooked a scenic lake.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mburrows

I am so glad you stumbled upon a great romantic get-away! Please visit us again soon!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Thirty family members and friends celebrated our son's 21st birthday at the resort and casino. Every detail in planning was taken care of by the staff. The private dining room was ideal for our dinner. The wait staff was excellent. The under-21 kids had plenty to do while the adults gambled. We also rented kayaks and relaxed by the beautiful lake. Guys golfed while the ladies enjoyed spa treatments. Would definitely recommend this resort for a couples getaway or group gathering!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Scorpio1028

So glad you enjoyed your time with us! Thank you for choosing Rocky Gap to celebrate such a special milestone!