“A full non-smoking expierence”

Rocky Gap Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Flintstone
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We felt comfortable from the moment we walked in. The resort / casino is not overwhelming like many other places, The property is well laid out with activities other than gambling. Not a kid friendly atmosphere however there is a campground very close by.Elevator access to room floors only by your room pass key.Rooms are very comfortable and used quality furniture & accessories. Gaming area entirely smoke free. Smokers restricted to a small area and smoke does not get into main rooms. Games posted to pay out 91%, fine if you are wise enough to stay in the 91% but remember this is not a non-profit. The house always wins in the end. Thought the price was a bit high so we asked for a better rate. Turns out if you stay Tuesday or Wednesday night (which we did) you get a "stay & play rate. You are charged the regular rate but receive $90 casino credit which effectively put our King room rate down to $60. Only gripes..for the price of the room the breakfast buffet should have been included. In three + weeks on the road this is the most expensive room and the only place we had to pay for breakfast. Drinks are a bit overpriced in the casino but if you do not drink alcohol there is a free soft drink / coffee bar but you have to find it.One for the whole place.We are not addicted to gambling and treat this as our "entertainment" so we travel to various casinos around the state and area. This place is about 1 hour further than we normally go but we have decided it is worth the extra time and will make it a destination in the future.

Room Tip: This is in the mountains. Check the weather forecast or you can get snowed in. Ask for a "lake...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
KimberlyR492, Executive Marketing Assistant at Rocky Gap Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I will pass your comments on to management. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will come back soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,274)

Reviewed 26 August 2014

We have visited this place 3 times and plan to go back every weekend in Sept. Casino is small, but, with the view of the mountains, lake, swimming area and golf course along with friendly staff along with food are all excellent. Every time we leave I feel so relaxed. All the stress is gone. We really enjoy the friendly people we meet. Watching the games in Signatures is fun and love the $1 margaritas on Sundays. With all the family amenities it would be great if they had miniature golf as well. Rooms are always clean. Only thing I have a warning is there is no such thing as an early arrival to get a room. Always late evening, but, they keep your luggage & deliver when the room is ready. So, just enjoy the beautiful view and relax. I recommend this small out of the way place to anyone.

Room Tip: all sides have great views
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for being such a loyal patron of Rocky Gap! I do hope you enjoy your future stays with us!

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Its the place to be with your family or just your spouse! Excellent staff,Great food ,drink etc.It was just a wonderful experience for us.I enjoyed the park,golf course,food,drinks and the best.The boat ride was one of the best I ever had.Love Rockygap and will recommend it to all my friends and family

• Stayed: August 2014

Thank you for your kind words! I hope you will return!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

This is the most beautiful resort casino, on the lake, beautiful views, clean, restaurant food is first class, wait staff and hotel staff (except for front desk managers), and casino staff are more than helpful and friendly. The rooms are clean, and the grounds are immaculate. Overall, great place to get away, have some fun, and sill enjoy some peace and quiet.
WARNING - They change the room rate without informing you! If you book a stay, be sure they tell you, and confirm in writing your room rate for the ENTIRE stay. My suggestion, after learning the hard way, is to book on line, pay in advance if you can (avoid the price changes per night), and get confirmation in writing as to the rate you are paying for your entire stay. I was quoted $134.00 per night for our stay.When I received my bill, my second night was $170. When speaking to the front desk manager, who was really rude and condescending, I was informed they change the rate based upon occupancy of that night. If occupancy rate is higher, the rate for the guest goes up, no matter what you were quoted. So....lesson learned. Loved this place and was looking forward to many return trips, and now I am not so sure. If we do ever return, it will be with booking our stay through the internet sites, confirming and securing the rate, and pay in full in advance if need be to get the best rate. And, getting the rate in writing! I would have to say everyone at the hotel was wonderful, but the management - they really don't care about their guests! Feel sorry for their wonderful staff if they have to put up with what I encountered! I can see why people are choosing not to return under current circumstances. Sure was a lot of fun until getting jerked around with the bill, and being treated so inconsiderately, and stuck with it - management is perfect, won't budge, not a good way to gain repeat guests.

Room Tip: Book Lakeside, but confirm your rate for your entire stay in advance and get in writing. Higher floo...
9  Thank Heartlight73

Thank you for your review. I have spoken with our Director of Marketing, Wanda Holtschneider, about your experience at the front desk and she would like to speak to you more in depth. Please contact her at 301.784.8473 or email wholtschneider@rockygapcasino.com

I do apologize for your experience with our management and hope that it can be resolved for you.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We went back after a great visit last year and this year was not as good, we checked in and where told that our room was not ready at 3:20pm this was after standing in line for about 15 minutes. I will say the staff did offer everyone water in line. The girl at the desk was very nice and took our cell number down and callled in about 45 minutes. The room was missing the coffee pot which I was told because it was part of a double room. The AC would kick on about every 45 minutes ans make a heck of a bang, I was told the AC's are being replaced. The biggest disapointment was my wife went to blow dry her hair and the hotel dryer caught fire, smoke and flames which we go out, opened the doors and windows and called down stairs. 3 staff came up, 2 stood at the door one changed the dryer and left. Not once did anyone check and see if we where ok, I would have thought the next day maybe but never checked.

The hotel and area is really nice and service staff are friendly, we will be back and I hope it was just a cursed room.

The signature bar is a great place to eat and the food and price is great.

We filled out the survey they send you but since it was negative I guess they do not respond.

2  Thank Rich M

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you decided to return to Rocky Gap; however, I am sorry that your second visit did not meet your expectations. We are constantly trying to improve guest service at our resort and your review (as well as your guest survey) will be used as a valuable training tool.
Again, I apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us. If you would like to speak to someone about your visit, please feel free to email our Director of Marketing, Wanda Holtschneider, directly at wholtschneider@rockygapcasino.com

Reviewed 19 August 2014

This property has a 4 Diamond rating plaque displayed at the check-in area. They may have earned it in the past, but since gambling became the priority, the rating is no longer deserved. The emphasis is no longer on guests and their comfort, but on the casino aspect of the property. This was my 4th and final stay at Rocky Gap. I've been going there for over 6 years and really felt the lack of customer care this trip, not only in the hotel but in the restaurants as well.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Terri R
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I had a very nice time at Rocky Gap. It is a lovely place with lots to offer; and, the grounds are very nice. A good place to just get away for a day or more! Enjoyed this location very much. (Did not stay in the hotel but did see a room.)

Room Tip: I did not stay in the hotel but did see a room. It was nice.
Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
KimberlyR492, Executive Marketing Assistant at Rocky Gap Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you for your kind words! I do hope you will visit us again soon when you can stay longer!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Flintstone
Sleep Inn & Suites Cumberland
Ramada Cumberland Downtown
Ramada Cumberland Downtown
#3 of 4 in Cumberland
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cumberland
Best Western Braddock Inn
The Country Inn of Berkeley Springs
The Country Inn of Berkeley Spri...
#2 of 4 in Berkeley Springs
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 5 in LaVale

Been to Rocky Gap Casino Resort? Share your experiences!