“Great stop”

and 1 more site!
Yough Valley Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Friendsville
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Glad we stopped here overnight. This was a quaint hotel in a quaint town. Few amenities but clean and very comfortable. Owner was courteous, accommodating, and helpful. Room was large and spacious. Shower was hot. Bed was comfortable. Perfect for a quick stop. Only fault I found was the lack of a smoke detector.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Debbie R
There are newer reviews for Yough Valley Motel

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Enjoyed my stay .office workers were very helpful .rooms were nice for older motel. Couldn't ask for better place to stay for the price was cheapest prices in area. Had fridge microwave TV nice selection of channels free internet The only thing I didn't like was the lack of a phone in rooms

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The hotel staff was very friendly and the rooms are very spacious. However the hotel was very outdated, the steps could definitely use some tlc, and bug control on the outside of the building is a must!!! The office area is in need of MAJOR renovations, and the lack of hours the staff is actual at the hotel is miserable, we checked out by simply putting our keys in a slot in front door, the office was closed...we checked out around 10am on a Sunday. Glad we didn't need anything from the staff in the middle of the night!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Our room was very large; the bathroom was very large too. The accommodations are well below a low-priced chain, but then, it was extremely inexpensive. If you're doing a rafting trip, probably makes sense. If you're passing through--like us--we'd go elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OurFuture
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I travel with my dog to places where I can hike, camp, fish, or just explore off the beaten path. I enjoy finding small towns in North America where the pace is slower and the people are friendly and interesting. Friendsville is such a place. My dog and I spent 3 nights in March at the Yough Valley Motel and the lodging met our simple standards of cleanliness, comfort, quiet, and within our budget. (Ok, maybe these are my standards and not my dog's, but my dog has occasionally told me via his nose that some lodgings in other small town may have been the site of a crime or critical medical emergency.) The owners of the Yough Valley were solicitous to my needs and questions, and the Jubilee restaurant, a 3 minute walk away, gives a 10% discount for showing your room key. A laundry mat is on the next block, so if you're looking for a respite from camping, white-water, or just looking for a bargain close to Deep Creek and WISP, try the Yough. Your dog will like it too.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Mark T
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed here based on Tripadvisor's review. Very quiet, clean (based on motel standard) rooms in a small town. We spent a night here on our way to Ohiopyle. At this price you can't go anywhere else.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed at the Yough Valley Motel overnight after a Saturday of hiking in the area with our two kids and dog. I made the reservation here over other area motels based on what I'd read on TripAdvisor and the reviews were not wrong. This motel is very basic but very clean, inexpensive, and for a nominal additional fee allowed my dog to have a peasant stay as well. We walked to a local restaurant for dinner. We had a simple room with two double beds, free wifi, a TV, microwave and small fridge, which a lot of basic local motels sometimes don't have--but does come in handy for cold drinks and leftovers. It was a great stopover for the night.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jennifer W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Friendsville
The Lodges at Sunset Village
#1 of 3 in Oakland
Oakland Motel
Oakland Motel
#3 of 3 in Oakland

Been to Yough Valley Motel? Share your experiences!