“Not that great.....”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fruitland
Clermont, Florida
“Not that great.....”
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Needs updating.......breakfast is poor,,,,long lines for the 1 toaster,,,,no cream for coffee one morning. Rooms are clean but outdated. Area is nice. Front desk is friendly,,,,,,bath towels are small.....

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Af0316
CristinaShockley, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salisbury/Fruitland, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
I am disappointed in myself and my team for the less than pleasurable experience that we provided to you during your stay. Our goals are to provided excellent service and create a memorable experience for our guests each and every stay. I am sorry that we did not prove that to you, for the inconveniences you endured and for the fashion in which your situation was handled.

The issues you experienced are not normally a reflection of the standards we hold ourselves to at the Hampton Inn & Suites. Your feedback will be reviewed with our entire management team to be addressed immediately and reviewed with our staff to be used as additional training tool. I hope you will not let this isolated incident detour you from staying with us in the future. I am confident that your next stay with the Hampton Inn & Suites will be a more pleasant one. I encourage you to contact me directly at the hotel to discuss this matter further because I would like to make it right. Thank you for your time and valued feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Clermont, Florida
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed at this Hampton Inn. Compared to others, it needs serious updating throughout the hotel. Breakfast appliances need to be replaced. The toaster is old and takes 3 times to toast lightly. Only one waffle machine worked. The kitchen staff was not attended well. Food/coffee were left empty for long periods of time. The hotel was full due to softball tournaments, they knew this and should have staffed better. Saturday morning there were no creamers left, they were waiting for a truck. Not good. The staff was not very friendly like many of the other Hamptons. The rooms are incredibly small. If they are going to host softball teams in the future, more portable refrigerators and better ice makers should be on order. I heard many complaints on both of these things. The overall theme of the hotel was dark and dreary with browns and tans. Other Hamptons have upgraded to light blues with white tones, just a better "cheery" feeling. We had an opportunity to stay longer, but were disappointed with the hotel, felt better just heading home. Updates and staff retraining would help this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Silver Spring, MD
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The King studio sweet was beautiful, amply sized, and the bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept in. I mistakenly left a bag of valuable items (including my laptop!) in the room after departure. The housekeeping staff recovered it before I even knew it was missing, and the management professionally handled it's safe keeping and transfer back to me days later...totally intact. I was so happy and relieved at the high level of ethics and professinalism they displayed.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank banewman
CristinaShockley, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salisbury/Fruitland, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to compliment our hotel on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your praise of our hotel and staff and am honored to have had the opportunity to provide you with the best in service and accommodations in the Salisbury/Fruitland area.

I will share your comments with my Team Members in my next team meeting. I am confident they will appreciate the recognition of a job well done.

We hope to see you again soon on future trips to the Salisbury/Fruitland area.
Poolesville, MD
Reviewed 21 July 2013

What a nice hotel! The front desk staff was welcoming and helpful, and our room was very clean and comfortable. There was an overall sense of care being taken. Plus, if you stay here, you get to say things like, "Boy, isn't it great to be in Fruitland!" What made it even more fun was the night we were there, the place was packed with girls and their families who'd come to play in the USSSC softball World Series. Everywhere you turned there was another knot of 10 and 11-year-old girls totally fired up and having a ball. Their mood was infectious. Some of the dads looked a little less mirthful. On Saturday morning, facing a heat wave, you could hear them loading up coolers, one after the other, at the ice machine. The place isn't cheap, but guess what? Neither is anything else in Salisbury in July! Or maybe everyone raised the prices for the World Series. We had to be in the area, though, so I'd rather spend a few dollars more for this place than twenty dollars less for something not so clean and nice.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Cluttermom
CristinaShockley, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salisbury/Fruitland, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
We are happy you choose the Hampton Inn & Suites in Fruitland!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to compliment our hotel on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your praise of our hotel and staff and am honored to have had the opportunity to provide you with the best in service and accommodations.

The USSSA Fast –pitch Softball World Series is our team’s absolute favorite time of the year. All the young athletes are extremely talented with a wonderful sense of pride. They bring out our entire team’s “inter child” while visiting the area. I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed them as much as we do!

We hope to see you again soon on future trips to the Salisbury/Fruitland area.
Dover, United States
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Very nice facility, extremely helpful, friendly and welcoming staff. Great breakfast with protein; not just sugar bombs! Downside...bed so comfy, didn't want to get up and go to work! Would recommend this for business or family travel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Deborah B
Wow, review title award of the year goes to you!! "The Total Package" We love seeing titles like yours!

Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to review our hotel in the Salisbury/Fruitland area! I'm so happy to hear that you such a nice stay and that you found the staff to be friendly, helpfull, and welcoming. We work very hard to make sure that every guest feels welcome and that their needs are met; it's nice to hear that we are doing our job well! Your business is much appreciated and we hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again in the future!
Lake Villa, IL
Reviewed 19 July 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Fruitland Hampton Inn and Suites last week. We got a King Suite up on the third floor and thoroughly enjoyed the room. We were staying for five nights, so a bigger room made us very happy. These suites have a little area that I guess would be called a kitchenette. It has a big counter, a sink, a small refridgerator, and a microwave. Very nice! The room also has a sofa bed. We used the sofa a great deal. Pretty comfy for a sofa bed!

We had two issues while we were there. First, there was something sticky on the landings in the nearest stairwell. This was corrected the very same day before we returned to the hotel. The second item was a problem with the toilet where it never shut off completely. For this, I had to tell them twice, but the second time it was fixed that day. The delay was really no big deal to us, but they apologized for the delay in fixing it.

The breakfast is standard Hampton fare, but the attendants were friendly and helpful. The front counter staff was also very cordial and helped us find a couple good restaurants in the area.

This Hampton is on the south side of Salisbury on Business 13. The directions on their website are pretty vague (I suggested that they update them.). If driving on the bypass, get off at the exit south of Snow Hill Road and turn right. The hotel is on your left after the roundabout.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank coconutsmom
Thank you so very much for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites – Salisbury/Fruitland, MD! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here and found your room to be just the perfect size for your lodging needs.

Thank you for bring the issues with your toilet to our attention. Our staff work incredibly hard each day to maintain the property and ensure that all of our guest rooms are kept up to the Hampton standard, and to be professional, courteous, and helpful. It's always nice to hear from our guests that they are doing there job. Our team leaders also enjoy doing daily walks to ensure the property continues to shine as we did on our opening day. We are also thankful for the tips on updating our property directions.

Can’t wait to see you again at the Hampton Inn & Suites – Salisbury/Fruitland! (south-end) :)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 July 2013

After a busy day meeting with customers in the Salisbury area, I was glad to stay the night & avoid a long ride home during lousy weather conditions. The staff was very friendly & I found every aspect of the hotel to be clean. It was also nice to have access to coffee in the lobby area 24/7 because the room coffee maker just wouldn't cut it. I plan to use the fitness center and pool during my next stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thank you for a lovely review! I am glad you choose to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Salisbury/Fruitland. I am truly blessed with a great staff that makes sure our GUESTS feel like FAMILY while maintaining a property that looks brand new. Our entire team takes great pride in our award winning "clean" hotel - thank you for the kind words, we can't wait to have you back!

Cristina Shockley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fruitland
Hampton Inn Salisbury
Courtyard Salisbury
Courtyard Salisbury
#4 of 14 in Salisbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Salisbury/Fruitland? Share your experiences!