“Great hotel for business”

Hampton Inn & Suites Salisbury/Fruitland
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fruitland
Providence, United States
“Great hotel for business”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

This is my 3rd stay at this hotel and i find it to be consistently cleanand the staff to be courteous and very helpful. The is always a great selection of breakfast choices and some healthy items to start the day. This is an easy access location for any business you need to do in the area. i will stay again whenever I need to be in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

CristinaShockley, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salisbury/Fruitland, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Thank you so much for a fantastic review! I am glad we are your hotel of choice again and again when staying in Salisbury/Fruitland! We are lucky to have such loyal guests, such as you. I am truly blessed with a great staff that makes sure our guests feel like family. We pride ourselves on top notch cleanliness standards and appreciate the feedback. Thank you for the kind words, we can't wait to have you back again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Bethesda, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The customer service was outstanding from first contact to ask questions and make reservation to check out The variety and of the continental breakfast through out the time served was outstanding All staff from front desk, housekeeping and maintenance were professional and customer oriented

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with all of your feedback regarding your stay. We pride ourselves in offering the best customer service you will find in the Salisbury/Fruitland, MD area. I'm pleased to hear that another guest has experienced our passion!

Again, it is nice to know that our efforts are noticed and appreciated. I hope that you will stay with us again in the future when your travels bring you to the Salisbury/Fruitland area. If there is ever anything I can do to assist you with a reservation please feel free to contact me.
Clermont, Florida
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Needs updating.......breakfast is poor,,,,long lines for the 1 toaster,,,,no cream for coffee one morning. Rooms are clean but outdated. Area is nice. Front desk is friendly,,,,,,bath towels are small.....

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Af0316
CristinaShockley, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salisbury/Fruitland, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
I am disappointed in myself and my team for the less than pleasurable experience that we provided to you during your stay. Our goals are to provided excellent service and create a memorable experience for our guests each and every stay. I am sorry that we did not prove that to you, for the inconveniences you endured and for the fashion in which your situation was handled.

The issues you experienced are not normally a reflection of the standards we hold ourselves to at the Hampton Inn & Suites. Your feedback will be reviewed with our entire management team to be addressed immediately and reviewed with our staff to be used as additional training tool. I hope you will not let this isolated incident detour you from staying with us in the future. I am confident that your next stay with the Hampton Inn & Suites will be a more pleasant one. I encourage you to contact me directly at the hotel to discuss this matter further because I would like to make it right. Thank you for your time and valued feedback.
Clermont, Florida
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed at this Hampton Inn. Compared to others, it needs serious updating throughout the hotel. Breakfast appliances need to be replaced. The toaster is old and takes 3 times to toast lightly. Only one waffle machine worked. The kitchen staff was not attended well. Food/coffee were left empty for long periods of time. The hotel was full due to softball tournaments, they knew this and should have staffed better. Saturday morning there were no creamers left, they were waiting for a truck. Not good. The staff was not very friendly like many of the other Hamptons. The rooms are incredibly small. If they are going to host softball teams in the future, more portable refrigerators and better ice makers should be on order. I heard many complaints on both of these things. The overall theme of the hotel was dark and dreary with browns and tans. Other Hamptons have upgraded to light blues with white tones, just a better "cheery" feeling. We had an opportunity to stay longer, but were disappointed with the hotel, felt better just heading home. Updates and staff retraining would help this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Silver Spring, MD
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The King studio sweet was beautiful, amply sized, and the bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept in. I mistakenly left a bag of valuable items (including my laptop!) in the room after departure. The housekeeping staff recovered it before I even knew it was missing, and the management professionally handled it's safe keeping and transfer back to me days later...totally intact. I was so happy and relieved at the high level of ethics and professinalism they displayed.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank banewman
Thank you so much for taking the time to compliment our hotel on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your praise of our hotel and staff and am honored to have had the opportunity to provide you with the best in service and accommodations in the Salisbury/Fruitland area.

I will share your comments with my Team Members in my next team meeting. I am confident they will appreciate the recognition of a job well done.

We hope to see you again soon on future trips to the Salisbury/Fruitland area.
Poolesville, MD
Reviewed 21 July 2013

What a nice hotel! The front desk staff was welcoming and helpful, and our room was very clean and comfortable. There was an overall sense of care being taken. Plus, if you stay here, you get to say things like, "Boy, isn't it great to be in Fruitland!" What made it even more fun was the night we were there, the place was packed with girls and their families who'd come to play in the USSSC softball World Series. Everywhere you turned there was another knot of 10 and 11-year-old girls totally fired up and having a ball. Their mood was infectious. Some of the dads looked a little less mirthful. On Saturday morning, facing a heat wave, you could hear them loading up coolers, one after the other, at the ice machine. The place isn't cheap, but guess what? Neither is anything else in Salisbury in July! Or maybe everyone raised the prices for the World Series. We had to be in the area, though, so I'd rather spend a few dollars more for this place than twenty dollars less for something not so clean and nice.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Cluttermom
CristinaShockley, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Salisbury/Fruitland, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
We are happy you choose the Hampton Inn & Suites in Fruitland!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to compliment our hotel on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your praise of our hotel and staff and am honored to have had the opportunity to provide you with the best in service and accommodations.

The USSSA Fast –pitch Softball World Series is our team’s absolute favorite time of the year. All the young athletes are extremely talented with a wonderful sense of pride. They bring out our entire team’s “inter child” while visiting the area. I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed them as much as we do!

We hope to see you again soon on future trips to the Salisbury/Fruitland area.
Dover, United States
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Very nice facility, extremely helpful, friendly and welcoming staff. Great breakfast with protein; not just sugar bombs! Downside...bed so comfy, didn't want to get up and go to work! Would recommend this for business or family travel.

1 Thank Deborah B
Wow, review title award of the year goes to you!! "The Total Package" We love seeing titles like yours!

Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to review our hotel in the Salisbury/Fruitland area! I'm so happy to hear that you such a nice stay and that you found the staff to be friendly, helpfull, and welcoming. We work very hard to make sure that every guest feels welcome and that their needs are met; it's nice to hear that we are doing our job well! Your business is much appreciated and we hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fruitland
Hampton Inn Salisbury
Courtyard Salisbury
#4 of 14 in Salisbury
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salisbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Salisbury/Fruitland? Share your experiences!