“Great for Lunch, Great Delivery too!”
Review of Lucky Star

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lucky Star
Ranked #3 of 7 Restaurants in Fruitland
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I have been a regular at Lucky Star since they opened and I am a fan. They are right across the street from Adams Ribs and in front of the Food Lion shopping center. The atmosphere is pretty simple with tables and booths, but the "Star" is the food, not the dining room - I will say this though, plenty of free parking and a big clean bathroom are a real plus. About the food:

When you go in for lunch/dinner they do have a full bar and they make sushi to order if that is your thing. One of my dining buddies is a fan of the sushi, but as I do not eat it, I cannot add to his assessment. The lunch specials are pretty cheap, usually about 6 to 7 dollars and include your choice of soup or egg roll and white or fried rice. I like the egg rolls there and they are usually pretty hot. They will bring you a bowl of fried noodles (free) if you ask, but they are not automatically brought out. Ice water and hot tea are also free if you are keeping to a budget. The other app I recommend is the BBQ Ribs. They are just 5 bucks so I usually add them to the order and share with the table - an order is typically 4 meaty ribs. They come out fast and delicious. For lunch the specials include all the regulars from rice and lo mein to the standard chicken, pork, beef, and shrimp dishes we have all come to expect. My favorite is Shrimp and broccoli which comes in a brown sauce and General Tsos. The Shrimp and broccoli leaves you wanting more, but if you are having the rice and an egg roll you will leave with a full belly! The chicken in the General Tsos is a bit smaller than I would like, but the taste is so good that that alone will bring you back. Other selections my posse likes is the Lemon Chicken and Beef and Broccoli. I should mention that the meals are served on china, not paper or plastic plates and this adds to the quality dining experience. For lunch, even with a drink and proper tip you can count on spending less than $10 per person.

Delivery:

I am not a big delivery guy (except for the occasional pizza) but today I got my second delivery from Lucky Star. The things I like about their set up is the high quality web site for ordering which lets you add a comment if you want to add/subtract something. Extra bamboo, no problem - hold the carrots, no problem...you get the picture! So, ordering is easy. I use my CC and they bring the slip to you so you can tip at that point. Also, they take cash (duh!) You get an email confirmation of the order. So tonight out order came in 30 minutes and everything was as hot as if they walked out of the kitchen and put it on the table. Yum! For dinner we spend about $10 pp including tax, but not including drinks or a tip - which I like to tip 20% or at least $5 anyway. There is no added delivery fee.

Summary:

Salisbury and Fruitland have a series of winners for dine in and carry out Chinese including Hunan Palace (superior bar experience, superior dining room atmosphere), and Dragon - about the best carry out around with a super friendly staff. Dragon delivers to the college but not much further.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

If your looking for quick, convenient sushi then this is your place. Very reasonable prices & they make a great Cosmo! Sushi has always been very good & very fresh. Has become a staple go to place for us. Dine in or carry out!

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Have eaten there twice and so far food is consistently good. Service is prompt and polite. My husband was very pleased with the Peking Duck especially that you can order a half instead of the whole duck. I love their brown sauce. We will go back again.

Reviewed 23 May 2013 via mobile

Prompt service. Very clean. Food is very good. We use them a lot for delivery also. I highly recommend.