“Signature Sauce is superb”
Review of Coal Fire Pizza

Coal Fire Pizza
Ranked #38 of 341 Restaurants in Gaithersburg
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

The thin crust pizza with Signature sauce was one of the best pizzas I've ever had. Great local place: we'll be back! Thanks, Living Social!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

My wife and I dined using an Amazon Local gift certificate. This was our first time dining at Coal Fire Pizza. It must be a popular place because shortly after we arrived and were seated, lots of people entered the establishment. If you have kids this a good choice because it was very noisy.

We ordered the 12" Signature pizza. It was a thin crust pizza. My wife, who likes the thin crust, mentioned that it was more like a cardboard texture. Despite that, the sauce (a perfect blend of two distinct tastes: slightly sweet & a hint of spice) was very good.

We also ordered a Beef Brisket sub (thin cut tender brisket topped with our Chef's special horseradish sauce). My wife enjoyed it more than I diid. We really couldn't taste the horseradish sauce, but we did like the fact that there was plenty of meat (not sliced) and the toasted sub roll.

The prices for the most part are reasonable.

1  Thank HRKC
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Love their pizza! This might be the best tasting pizza I have ever had! I wish they had more of these restaurants around.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Coal Fire does a very good job of preparing simple, traditional, thin crust pizza. Service can be very spotty, but they try. Their 3 varieties of sauces are made to order for customers of all ethnicities, a bigger consideration than you may realize. The bar area is small, but congenial and mostly crowded - a good place to watch a game (no sound, though) without the noise of a larger sports bar. It's close, it's comfortable, it's affordable.

1  Thank MikeIrwin
Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

I went here with a friend of mine just us two. Our server forgot to give us straws for our drink. We didn't wait long for our food but I ordered the personal 9 in pizza and they forgot to put pepperoni on it like I had ordered. How did they fix it? They literally just brought me them in a small plastic cup, I guess for me to put on top of the pizza myself. Our server then tried to say I never told her I wanted pepperoni. Sure. Anyways, it's a good place for a quick lunch but don't expect them to take good care of you the way you'd like.