Hampton Inn & Suites Washington, DC North / Gaithersburg
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Gaithersburg(Gaithersburg)(Great Value!)
US$154
ExtendedStay
US$171
US$141
US$168
Comfort Inn Shady Grove(Gaithersburg)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$101
Priceline
All reviewsgreat hotelcomplimentary breakfastbreakfast staffking suitecomfortable bedscomfortable hotelwill stay there againoatmealthe breakfast arealifeguard on dutywashington dcmany choicesbusiness tripconvenient locationroom was largeenjoyed my staythe hotel staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 December 2013

12/16 we had a room upgrade to a suite for $9.00 per day extra. Registered at the desk and was assigned room 323. I responded to the desk person that I walk with a ‘cane’ and why are we assigned a room furthest from the elevator. Now I did not mention this when I made the reservation as I don’t need a cane in a small area, i.e. walking over 100+ feet or so.
My wife was loading the baggage cart and I went out to move the car. When I returned, the desk person had moved us to a room on the ground floor (rm 102). Well I thought that was good customer service. That’s when the other shoe dropped. The room was at the end of the hall on the ground floor on the furthest from the front desk. The room was the same distance from the elevator as the prior room, just in a different direction. The ice machine was on the opposite side of the hotel, just on the ground floor. The kitchen area was very nice with the exception there was no waste basket which is where most of the trash is generated. There was one in the bathroom and under the desk. When we asked the desk attendant if we could have another waste basket, She told us to move one of the other baskets!
As usual the room was furnished with Styrofoam cups which is not conducive for adult beverages.
12/17 Housekeeping--- There were 3 rooms on this wing of the hotel, ours was the only one that was occupied. Check out is 12:00 hrs. We were meeting friends and they were a little late. When housekeeping came to clean the room they did not enter because of our ‘do not disturb’. That was fine but they did not return to check the room. We came back about 15:30/16:00hrs. I called the front desk to ask to have our room serviced. The desk clerk called back and said when housekeeping came to service our room there was a ‘do not disturb’ on the door. Gee I guess they only come by once a day with no follow up! When they refreshed the room the attendant did not remove the trash!
12/18 Room was cleaned –we left at10:00 hrs however, the ice bucket was not emptied and a new liner was not provided. Also, the room attendant did not leave a bath mat.
Some of the issues may seem that we were being petty but it does point to the fact that management does not follow through on staff performance.

2  Thank JohnM004
Barbara R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Washington, DC North / Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Thank you for your review and feedback. The dates and detail you provide are helpful as I discuss your review further with our team. Our team works towards offering a 'home away from home' experience with hamptonality and the feedback we receive can always assist us to improve. We hope to welcome you back in the new year and have an opportunity to make it a much better stay.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

My family and I had an excellent stay at this brand new Hampton Inn. The room was immaculate and well appointed. The complimentary breakfast was fantastic! It had more than just the basic cereal and fruit; something for everyone. The Belgium waffles were a huge hit with the kids. They also loved the pool. It was nice that there was a lifeguard on duty.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Leila B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Washington, DC North / Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Hello! Excellent feedback. Thank you so much! Our Team is thrilled you experienced our Hamptonality. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 7 December 2013

we absolutely loved this new hotel. The accomodations were beautiful and the metro station not far away plus they provided a free shuttle to/from metro station. We drove so didn't utilize the shuttle though. The pool, fitness and lobby areas were outstanding and very modern. The only downside was there are no nearby restaurants. The location was kind of out of the way for any type of entertainment so in the car we were each night driving around to the restaurants - about 5 miles or so but with traffic and being unfamiliar with the area took a bit longer then expected. Otherwise the hotel itself was perfect.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Leila B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Washington, DC North / Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Hello! Thank you for your review. Our Front Desk team is ready and prepared to assist you with nearby restaurants and entertainment. When you come back let us know what you like so we can guide you there. I also wanted to share with you that the Watkins Mill Town Center next door to us on the hotel's left hand side will be opening various restaurants, cafe, salon and boutique stores in April 2014. It will definetly add value to our guests experience when staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 4 December 2013

We found this Hampton when looking to do a Washington DC trip. Nice hotel. Good staff, clean rooms, and of course, the most comfortable beds, being a Hampton Inn. Free breakfast was good. Nice lobby area to hang or watch TV. They are applying for a liquor license. The only downside to this hotel is that there is NOTHING around. You have to drive a bit to go to any restaurant. About a 10 minute ride to the Metro.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Leila B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Washington, DC North / Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Hello! Thank you for your feedback. We are thrilled you enjoyed our new hotel. I wanted to make sure I shared with you that the Watkins Mill Town Center next door to us on the hotel's left hand side will be opening various restaurants, cafe, salon and boutique stores in April 2014. It will defiantly add value to our guests experience when staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 4 December 2013

The hotel, staff, and room were very nice! I was able to get a great room for a good price and for the quality..AMAZING! So, if you would like a nice and new place place to stay in, go to the Hampton INN in gaithersburg, md! I was very pleased. You could even tell that the bedding was all clean and I did not worry about dirty sheets nor comforter.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello! WOW! Thank you for the feedback. Glad you had a nice stay with us. Come back again for more Hamptonality. Happy Holidays!