“Fresh and tasty!”
Review of Vasili's Kitchen

Vasili's Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Vasili's Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 336 Restaurants in Gaithersburg
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: A new vision from the new Mediterranean Award-winning Chef Yiannis Loukakos comes back to America with the cuisine of a modern Mediterranean. Chef Lucacos, one of Greece’s most famous and beloved chefs, is a true ambassador of a culinary philosophy that emphasizes simplicity, and seeks to create a playful discourse between local ingredients and elements of Mediterranean cooking that speak to the senses.
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Fresh and tasty!”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Have been to Vasilis several times (I can walk there from my house). Went today to meet a friend for lunch, food was delicious as always. Started with the Trio (Pikilia), Hummus, Tzatziki, and Melitzanosalata (which is Greek eggplant salad - like Baba Ghanoush), the dips were creamy and flavorful, pita bread was warm and soft, and the crunchy cukes rounded out the appetizer nicely. Waitress was quick to ask us if we wanted more pita bread when we ran out of it and our water glasses (still or sparkling), iced tea and coffee were all kept filled. My favorite item is the half greek salad with gyro meat, my son likes the Mediterranean half salad which adds a bit of pasta salad to the mix, plenty of food for lunch and reasonably priced ($7 for the salad alone, $5 extra for the gyro meat). You can choose salmon, chicken or other meats to top your salad as well. We stayed for dessert and had the Galaktobouriko which was simply divine! Another favorite is the Saganaki, or pan-fried cheese, which comes out of the kitchen flaming and then the flames are doused with a squeeze of lemon. All in all one of our favorite restaurants in the Kentlands.

• Visited October 2013

North Potomac, Maryland
“Consistently satisfied”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I have lived in the area for 9 years and Vasilis is my default restaurant when I just want good food and reliable service. I have never been disappointed with the lamb entrees and the service is efficient. It's a "no brainer" choice when your Mom is too busy to cook for you.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank MikeIrwin
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Consistently great, family-run local place”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This is a long overdue review from local semi-regulars. We live in the same neighborhood as the restaurant, and with several options for sit-down and fast-casual within walking distance, Vasilis is our "go-to" neighborhood spot for a reliably (very) good, nicely served sit-down dinner (we even occasionally get take out). The pikilia trio platter (tzatziki, melitzanosalata (eggplant dip), and hummus) is an excellent appetizer and crave-worthy, and the complimentary greek salad is fresh and bright. I usually gravitate toward their souvlaki platters for the main course, although the mousaka and pistachio are very good--each has a rich "homemade" comfort-food feel. The seafood specials are always excellent, with simple and delicious preparations. One unexpected treat is their apple pie--I consider myself an aficionado of the dessert, and it is one of my favorites. As far as service, it seems the front of the house is usually run by one or both of two brothers (their names escape me), who are always cordial, attentive, and informative, and after many, many visits, we have never experienced anything other than welcoming and prompt service. Cost is fairly high, but a good return in my eyes. Atmosphere is quaint, cozy, and very clean, although at the busy hour the dining room can become a bit crowded (which happens with any good small place). Overall, an excellent dining option if you happen to be in the Kentlands neighborhood.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank hermwinningham
“Meh!! Better food around”
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

I was seriously disappointed. Wobbly table, needed to be changed, watery salad, had to ask for bread and the kabob platter was dry and not all that. I wish I had looked around for a better deal and value.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank TravelLover786
Washington, DC
“Pricey, But Worth It”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

If you're looking for good food and don't mind paying for it, this is the place! I work closeby and stop in about once a month when I want a special treat. The crabcakes are excellent-chunks of lump crabmeat with very little filler and the spinach on the side is a great compliment. I've always found the wait staff to be courteous and efficient and can get you in and out quickly if that's what you need. I highly recommend.

• Visited August 2013