“We ate here for an entire week!”
Review of Il Porto

Il Porto
Ranked #13 of 347 Restaurants in Gaithersburg
Price range: US$9 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Il Porto offers fresh and delicious Italian food at very reasonable prices along with impeccable service. You will not find a more friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We now offer OUTDOOR SEATING on our brand new patio. And, with our recent expansion to the property next door, we can now accommodate large groups!
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Believe it or not we ate at Il Porto with a soccer team and parents every night for an entire week. The boys were able to carbo-load and the parents, like me, often chose to work our way through the fish specials, all of which were good. The broiled Rockfish was a hit, also loved the crabcakes. The Parmesan-crusted Rockfish fillets were delicious but pretty rich. We like to start our meals with large Billy salads to share with the table. Enjoy!

3  Thank joanp

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We chose Il Porto as Trip Advisor rated it the best Italian restaurant in Gaithersburg. It was located in a shopping mall (found it thanks to my GPS) and had a local Italian atmosphere. There was outside seating but it was far to cold to use it.
My wife and I had quite different experiences with the food. She had a meat lasagna. It was tasteless and heavy (she left some and we took it back to the hotel and I finished it off the following night. I agreed with her assessment). I had sautéed mushrooms for a starter and veal pizzaiola for a main course. I enjoyed both and would rate them as very good, but with my wife's poor rating we averaged out as average
They served a good half carafe of Montepulciano as a house red

1  Thank Joan C
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Il Porto is tucked away in a nondescript shopping center on Muddy Branch Road in Gaithersburg . I would have never known about it until taken there by my sister , who is a regular !
Many pastas, well prepared - my favorite is spaghetti with sautéed calamari . Also all of the Italian favorites on the huge menu . Daily specials include big selection of fish. It's not fancy but it's a favorite!

2  Thank Alice S
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Wow! Great food, incredible service, & for a fair price. The special pasta selections were fabulous. Do not miss the Lemoncello dessert. Early or late insures a short wait, as the restaurant is small with many tables. We called so they would save us a large table as we were 6 people. The owner & wait staff are very accommodating.

3  Thank Scott A H
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We are a group of 6 couples who meet for dinner every few months. We try to find a place that will not only accept 6 separate checks, but offer a quiet area for our group. We contacted Albert who was very open to our request.

Our waiter, Wilbur, was outstanding. All the orders were accurate and delivered in a very timely fashion. Everyone commented on not only has excellent the food was, but the area we were seated was perfect. One individual asked if the could prepare Chicken Francese which was not on the menu. Asked and done.

Normally a restaurant would like patrons to order dessert. Two individuals in our party were celebrating their 74th and 75th birthday. When we made reservations we asked if we could bring our own dessert and ice cream. Albert said sure.

It was a wonderful evening had by all.

3  Thank HRKC