“You've been to one...and this one is more crowded and cramped.”
Review of Bonefish Grill

Bonefish Grill
Ranked #6 of 341 Restaurants in Gaithersburg
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The food is above average at Bonefish. I prefer other seafood restaurants, but I imagine some of the high scoring here is because of the lack of above average "larger" type restaurants in the area. If you need to entertain clients or want to impress out-of-town guests, both of which have an average palate and unadventurous appetite, then Bonefish will certainly wow. But those of us that have even considered going off the beaten path, then this is an above average restaurant. I don't get the fascination. Plus, this particular restaurant I have always felt was too small and too cramped for my tastes.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

That's what their sign said when we went to eat there last Sunday, Mother's Day. It was one of those places that allowed you to walk-in even on Mother's Day. Most restaurants were all fully booked on this special day.
This has got to be one of the most popular place in Kentlands! We actually were willing to wait for 1 1/2 hours to be seated. After an hour, we were able to sit in the bar and get some drinks and appetizer. The server was very attentive considering how busy they really were. We ordered the bang bang shrimp and drinks. Warm sourdough bread was immediately brought to our table. Hmmm...just my kind of bread and warm just the way I like it. I can already tell I'm going to like this restaurant. Warm bread is my weakness. Then we were promptly called to our table.
The servers were all busy taking and delivering orders. I looked outside and saw lots of people waiting outside. There's a mixture of crowds, some very dressed and some very casual since it was a hot day.
My 12 year old nephew ordered the Thai coconut shrimp and found it delish! He said "Oh, jumbo shrimps. Yumm!' He was quite content with the 6 jumbo shrimps. At five, he was full! His Mom had to help him on the 6th shrimp. My mom and sister both ordered the crab cake dinner. My brother-in-law ordered the salmon with asparagus salad. I ordered the steak and crab cake. All of us enjoyed our late lunch. Knowing there were still many people outside waiting for a table, we got the bill once we all finished eating. What I can say here is I like the portions given out. it's not your usual BIG portions. I just came from Asia and I noticed how small the portions are over there and so food is NOT WASTED. You tend to finish what's in the plate. You also don't overeat and don't gain weight from excess eating.
I will definitely come back!

1  Thank Parisbreakfast
Reviewed 22 April 2014

It was really good food. I can't complain. I will say the server, who was really nice, could have been a touch faster, but she was very professional and touched all the points.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I have been there for dinner with family and also business occasions. Each time I was pleased with food and service. The atmosphere is a bit too noisey for my taste but that is the kind of place it is. One disappointment is they no longer serve the delicious hot bread while waiting for food. Used to be a given...now you have to ask for it. Lousy way to cut corners. Other than that, food and bar is great!

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I really enjoy going to Bonefish. The food is fantastic and they have good service. Try their Bang Bang Shrimp and their martinis; you can't go wrong! :)