“Honesty and Integrity”

GreenLeadersGold level
Rockville, Maryland
“Honesty and Integrity”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

My stay at the Holiday Inn at Gaithersburg was beyond expectations. Not only were the facilities and food great, the staff was very friendly and excellent. It is definitely great value for your money. However, you can not buy honesty and integrity. I left my watch on the bed when I checked out and didn't discover it was missing until later that night. Upon calling the next day, the housekeeping manager informed me that the employee that cleaned my room upon check out turned my watch in to the lost and found. I can not express my gratitude enough for such great service and the integrity of the housekeeping staff specifically. Thank you for a wonderful experience!

1 Thank an c
nipiotrowska, Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Hello an c,
We are so happy that you got your watch back! We hold our team members to a high standard of responsibility in their roles and we are extremely pleased to see that it is taken seriously. We’ll be sure to extend a ‘thank you’ to the housekeeping team on your behalf. We hope that next time you’re in the Gaithersburg/ Bethesda/MD/DC area you choose to stay with us!

Hope to see you soon,
Holiday Inn Gaithersburg team!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Rospk
Reviewed 24 February 2012

If you are in the DC-Rockville-Gaithersberg MD area, the Holiday Inn in Gaithersburg, MD is the place to stay. What you can expect and get is outstanding and friendly service, excellent facilities and great value for your money. Also, its location is central to everything for us.

We had tried other hotels in the area in the past and the Holiday Inn in Gaithersburg, by far, surpasses them. So we make it a point now ro stay there when we visit the area. Relatives of ours who also stayed there, likewise, highly praised this hotel.

Room Tip: the rooms we had on either side were excellent
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
nipiotrowska, Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Hello SNo11,
Thanks for your review! We are happy to hear that the Holiday Inn Gaithersburg is your preference of hotel in the DC-Rockville-Gaithersburg MD area. We hope to see you and your relatives back soon!
Kindly, Holiday Inn Gaithersburg team!
Gurgaon, India
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I stayed for five days on company travel to US and stayed at Holiday Inn, Gaithersburg. It was a terrible experience with the bed bugs in the room. The hotel changed my room on request but it was too late and my body has rashes all over. Not a very good experience of visit to "AMERICA"

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with atleast no bed bugs :)
2 Thank JagdeepSekhon
MelvinNichols, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent stay.I would like to apologize for your experience at our hotel.We will definitely have the room inspected by our pest control company. We appreciate any and all comments as they serve to help us continually improve our product and service. Thank you and we look forward to serving you in the future.
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I have been staying at the Holiday Inn in Gaithersburg, MD for over a year and a half now. The hotel in extremely clean and my stay continues to be great! I have met so many of the staff thats they are like friends to me now. Any time I have even the slightest of issues, they are quick to respond to any need. Isidro (front desk), Alan (catering), Rich (O'Malley's), Manuel (room service) and Cheryl (comptroller) have been wonderful during the course of my stay! I would highly recommend this hotel to my colleagues and friends...and I have! Thank you Holiday Inn in Gaithersburg, MD. You are one great hotel!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
nipiotrowska, Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
Dear John G,
We are so happy to have you as a loyal guest of the Holiday Inn Gaithersburg! Our team works hard on accommodating each guest any way possible and are pleased to hear that we are able to work quickly and solve the slightest of issues. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Kindly,
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I stay at the Gaithersburg Holiday Inn a few times a year for craft weekends with girlfriends and since the hotel renovation a couple years ago, I’ve generally been pleased. I’ve had run-ins with one particular front desk staffer a few times (most unpleasant person and I often wonder why he still works there), but for the most part staff are usually pleasant and on-the-ball.

I’ll call this trip the “drip trip”. I was able to check-in a little early which was great and received my little Priority Club gift bag with water and apple (always a nice touch). I was also pleased with my room’s location on the 8th floor, really close to the elevators with no elevator noise. I was between a meeting room and another room, but I heard nary a sound from either room.

Anyway, once I entered my room I noticed I had a leaky sink (with a slow drain) and a leaky toilet, but since I liked the room’s location, I let it slide. You couldn’t spend a minute in the bathroom and not realize there was a leak, so I wondered if the maid who cleaned my room prior to or during my stay ever mentioned it to the appropriate housekeeping staff. As a hotel that prides itself on “being green”, I did bring it to the attention of the staff member who handled my check-out. My room had all the basics but my tub definitely needs a re-glaze as it was rusted near the drain. As I said, my room location was fine (and I didn’t want anyone in my room while I was not there), so I didn’t ask to be moved or anything, but IMHO the hotel is showing its age.

I ate at the pub twice (dinner on Friday and dinner on Saturday). I had the Thai Cobb Salad on Friday night – it was OK, loved the dressing though. That night I picked up from the restaurant and ate in my room. On Saturday I ate at the restaurant – had the ranch burger which was fine and done the way I like my meat – i.e. well-done. Service was OK.

I had breakfast on Saturday morning since it was free (I’m a priority club member). The buffet had the usual – pancakes, biscuits & gravy, sausage, bacon, fruit, yogurt, juices, milk – and a new addition, oatmeal with toppings.

Kudos to the hotel for its continued provision of a real gift shop. So few hotels have one lately, and the ones that do, have a tiny room with almost nothing. This is a true gift shop with souvenirs, drinks, candy etc. I realized early Saturday that I was missing an essential personal item and to my surprise, found what I needed at an affordable price. I even got service with a smile.

All in all, not a bad stay. This HI continues to be a solid performer with few frills beyond the basics. No real surprises.

Room Tip: South rooms and higher floors are quieter. There's a (somewhat busy) fire station across the str...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
nipiotrowska, Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Hello trinigirlmd,
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel, Holiday Inn Gaithersburg! That’s great that you see the benefits of being a Priority Club Member as we encourage all our guests to be one. We are pleased to hear that you are one of our loyal, returning guests at the Holiday Inn Gaithersburg because our staff works very hard to make each guest feel welcome and do our best to accommodate in any way possible.
We hope that next time you craft weekends with girlfriends you choose to stay with us!
Looking forward to serving you again!
Kindly,
Grasonville
Reviewed 7 February 2012

During my search for a hotel in the area, and one that is affordable and has a restaurant on property, I found the Holiday Inn. Upon arrival I was met by Isidro Alberto at the front desk who is a professional person in all manners. He will go above and beyond to answer questions, help you locate near by establishments and even contact you after check in to see if all accomodations meet your needs. After I stayed for a few occasions, I was surprised to be greated by name when checking in to this Hotel. While other hotels are close by to my work, I will continue to stay at this establishment since the staff is very personal and makes your stay comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask if the south tower is available since it is further away from the highway
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Hello austinaddison,
We are pleased to hear that your stay with us, Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, is comfortable and fits your needs! We are happy to have you as a loyal customer to the Holiday Inn Gaithersburg brand!
Looking forward to serving you again,
Norristown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 February 2012

i have been staying @ this hotel for many of years now ... and it only gets better each time . the staff is like family to me and they always treat me excellent .

Hello Greg S!
We are pleased to hear that you feel a part of the Holiday Inn Gaithersburg family! Our team works very hard on making each guest feel at home. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Regards,