“Awesome hotel!!!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia
“Awesome hotel!!!”
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I can't say enough good things about my home away from home. The staff and everyone are very professional. I felt very welcome at this hotel and they were always ready to help with any request I made from them. Our group got snow in for half a day and the pool was kept open for them to use until they could tour. Keep up the good work!!!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Brazil, Indiana
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I typically believe that most chain hotels are the same when it comes to the rooms (size, cleanliness, etc) and ammenities offered. What makes a huge difference is the staff and at this hotel I can't say enough about the care and consideration about the staff. We found out the second day that the manager was the staff member that drove us to the metro station. Nana felt that if he did all of the jobs his staff members do then not only can he completely understand concerns the staff might have, but can help make each process and procedure provide the best experience for the customer while maintaining productivity and efficiency. He also sets a high standard and example to his team... they don't have any reason to perform at their very best. That tone and example is seen with the care we received from the receptionists to the restaurant staff to the cleaning staff we met in the hallway. Even the maintenance gentleman in the elevator asked how we were doing and if we were enjoying our stay. They appear happy, interested to engage you even to just say hi, and willing to ask how they can make your stay better. When all other factors are the same, a happy, engaging staff makes all the difference. I wouldn't stay anywhere else and have no reason to look elsewhere!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
HIGaithersburg, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay. We are very happy to hear that you found our staff to be caring, considerate, happy and engaging. We will
be sure to share your comments with the staff here at the hotel and especially with Nana! We wish you safe travels and look forward to your next visit.

Melvin Nichols
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The owner/operator has terrific staff, but he could do his part in keeping up the facility. The room items were dated; paper lifting off the walls, sink not draining and insufficient electrical outlets. The worst was the noisy fan in the air cooling unit. The sound was unbearable. The two people checking me in around midnight were polite but very challenged. I was asked for my identification/method of payment/phone number four times. For not having anyone ahead of me in line, it took 35 minutes at the desk to get checked in and on my way to my room. All the time they were very polite and thanking me for my patience. I was not able to stay for breakfast but others have commented that the service is terrific.

Room Tip: Don't be in a hurry when checking-in and all will be fine.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Dear Penta-Seattle,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad to know that you mentioned the efforts of our hotel staff. I apologize for any discomfort you may have experienced due to the state of the room and noise levels encountered. I have taken note of these issues and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Again, we are grateful for your valuable feedback. Shall your travels bring you to the area again we hope for the opportunity to provide you a quality stay with us all around.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Washington, DC
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I always put employees and visitors up at this hotel since it's close to our office and have always found the staff to be great to work with and hear nothing but good things from those that I've accommodated there. Every time I've gone there to pick someone up or meet someone the lobby is always clean and quiet. Isidro, Trudy and Alaina are wonderful. Ask of any of them if you have a problem and I guarantee they will make it right.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank romadaro
Eden, New York
Reviewed 27 March 2014

The room was ok. Very noisy air cooling unit. Had a fire alarm go off at 5 am. We didn't include the breakfast when we first checked in but we went an ate and asked if for the inconvie nice of the alarm to comp our breakfast and the did no problem. Mary and dani at breakfast where wonderful.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Jocelyn B,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It is good to know that after some initial issues with the room you received, this was rectified immediately by our hotel staff. However, we apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced due to the noisy air conditioning unit and fire alarm. We appreciate your feedback and allowing us the opportunity to address these issues with the respective department.

Again, thank you for your review and we hope to have another opportunity to demonstrate to you our standards for exemplary service and quality accommodations.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Kingston, New York
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This hotel is a great place to stay and their staff is just as great. They are very friendly and are also accommodating and helpful. The room was clean and the bed was really comfortable. I really liked this place and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Catawissa, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

The facility was clean and the accommodations were everything we were looking for. What stood out most was the staff. The group we went with utilized many of the services the hotel offered (the pool, bar, restaurant and transportation services). We had a large group including many children and felt that they not only provided great service but looked to make sure we had everything we needed, going beyond in service to make sure our short trip to the area was both convenient and enjoyable. The hotel staff was friendly and made sure all our needs were met. If we take a future trip back to the DC area I am sure we will stay there again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family