Holiday Inn Gaithersburg
US$126
US$194
US$165
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Inn Shady Grove(Gaithersburg)(Great Value!)
US$138
  • Restaurant
US$163
US$143
Orbitz.com
All reviewsnorth towerbreakfast buffetfront desk staffmy home away from homemicrowave and refrigeratorrooms were very cleanchecking infitness centerbusiness tripgaithersburg areaplenty of parkingparking garagedefinitely stay here againshuttle servicebarackmauriciodc
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I was just at the Holiday Inn Gaithersburg for an entire week because of a soccer tournament. We were assigned to this hotel and I'm happy to report that it really did exceed my expectations.

The room itself was really attractive. It wasn't particularly spacious but it was plenty big enough and comfortable. Free wifi worked well. There were two reading lights for each bed and plenty of outlets for charging our electronics and a rolling simple desk surface that provided ample space to lay things out. The a/c worked well and wasn't too loud, which I've experienced elsewhere and appreciated. Curtains kept the room dark when we wanted to sleep. The place was spotless. Even the laundry room was nice and well maintained with enough machines to handle the hotel full of athletes.

Breakfast the first day was insufficient but after that the staff really responded to our requests and the boys had fresh fruit, milk, juice, muffins, eggs and cereal, plenty to fuel them for the upcoming day's games.

From the moment we checked in the staff could not have been more helpful and pleasant. We chatted every time we came in or out, as they supported all the teams.

The fitness room was ok, but could benefit from a real elliptical machine and better ventilation. Still I used it most days. The pool area is nice and also very clean.

The location for our purposes was excellent. It's near malls, shopping, restaurants and pretty much anything you might need, including Starbucks.

In the evening many of the parents enjoyed the O'Malley's bar downstairs.

This hotel pays attention to details and the staff lifts it far above the ordinary. I'd go back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We chose hotel because it was close to a family member we were visiting. The room was a little small but otherwise very clean. The staff was friendly and very helpful. We did try Pub downstairs and thought it was okay but would not eat there again. We were able to find restaurants within walking distance and there is a mall down the street. We would definately stay there again.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

First time I stayed here, it was very close to my destination the next morning. Excellent access via multiple major highways, newer area and plenty of parking. The choices for services, food, etc. are many and very close. I would recommend this to anyone doing business in the Gaithersburg, Germantown area and a little south of both as well.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 7th floor, very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
HIGaithersburg, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for your recent stay. I am very pleased we met and exceeded all of your expectations. Our local is indeed ideal for any business being conducted on the 270 corridor.
I hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again in the near future.

Katie Doherty, CHA

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed there recently for a Lacrosse trip. Usually the rooms we get are the bottom of the barrel but this room was nice the front desk staff were exceedingly helpful. Roomservice was hot and while the prices were high the staff was timely and excellent. Room was clean. I would suggest the cleaning staff get there earlier that 2pm on Saturday we went out for the morning and got back and the room was still not clean but I realize that is a busy day and just a suggestions. Price was excellent.

Room Tip: Request the new tower I guess the rooms past the gift shop were not as nice.
Reviewed 11 July 2014

second time my family has stayed here,no frills. as a stopover we will book here again ,family duties in MD.It's a holiday inn for goodness sake. lovely pool and very good breakfast buffet
of which i generally hate. spent a day watching the world cup in bed WITH THE CURTAINS CLOSED
the staff provided me with extra pillows, the restaurant/bar downstairs is frightful and friendly but i would not recommend it. Overall very good value and the staff is low key.Another thing , there is a cafe upstairs that never seems to be open other than breakfast. What a waste.Also bear in mind this part of MD has little to offer in restaurants and entertainment
if you want to fill up your car there are two service stations close by amid the freeways.
I like the holiday inn and would recommend it to anyone passing through